Looks like it is over for me... UPDATE pg.14 - a HUGE thank you from me!

Good news about your scan hun :hugs: As for the bleeding you may have something called an ectropion cervix. I have this, it's nothing to worry about. Your cervix is super sensitive in pregnancy anyway but with an ectropion cervix ANYTHING can set off a bleed. It's scary but as long as baby keeps growing it's nothing to worry about :hugs: Good luck for your next scan I hope it all goes well x

I have frightened myself silly... I have been reading about people who have had an early scan and seen the gestation sac and yolk sac all healthy looking and then miscarrying before their next scan.

I thought have a decent level of HCG (9000) at 5 weeks was a good indication but now that is not looking so sure either.

I don't think I feel any better about things :(

And we still don't know what is causing the bleeding. The brown bleeding seems to be slowing down at the moment and is literally just a tiny but on the toilet tissue every so often, but then it did that last night and then I had a gush of it this morning. I also had a little bit of pinkish spotting on the toilet tissue about an hour ago but that could be because I have had three internals this afternoon (swabs taken, manual and scan).

BFP was strong at the hospital this afternoon and they seemed very content with my HCG levels.

Stay away from google!! It's easier said than done but you need to try and relax as much as possible. You are of course going to worry but try not to let it dominate you :hugs:

Thanks... I know, I need to stop looking and try to be normal for the next 10 days!

It is so hard when you feel as though you are in limbo :o I know the scan should have made me feel more positive, but the bleeding is really worrying me :(

You really should try to stay away from google hun. I went for a scan at 6+3 and only saw the yolk sac and sac. Came home and spent the next 10 days googling the hell outta early scans and scaring myself silly. Went today for the rescan and there was my little bean. 10mm and with a healthy, strong heartbeat.

Please try not google so much. Try to look at the positive threads and postitive stories :hugs:

Oh hun, i am so pleased you have seen a gestational sac and yolk sac! That IS good news. I had exactly the same hun and i know you've seen some sad stories where people have seen the same and then miscarried by the next scan... but here is a good story for you.. i had the exact same from you. I then had a scan at 7 weeks and saw a heartbeat.
I have just got back from my 12 week scan and saw the most beautiful little bubba bouncing around in my tummy!!

Think positive hun and this bubs will stick with you xxx

Hi Jetset :hi: I have just been reading through your thread, I think you've coped brilliantly so far. I had a double loss over a year ago - 1st one in Dec 09 and then we lost the 2nd in Jan 10 when I was approx 6 weeks but the bleeding I had was bright red and there really was loads of blood. When I was pregnant with my baby boy I also had brown bleeding but everything was ok thankfully. I know how scary it is and the waiting seems to last forever. What you have seen on your scan and what you have said about your symptoms sounds about right to me. The hospital wouldn't scan me until 8 weeks as they said I wouldn't see anything and would only worry as I wouldn't see a heartbeat. I have a feeling everything will be ok for you. Easier said than done I know but try to take it easy and try not to worry too much, like I said I think you will be ok... :hugs:

Oh by the way, the brown bleeding I had with my baby boy started at about 5 weeks too and lasted for many many weeks on and off but everything turned out ok. As long as you don't have severe cramping and the blood you are losing isn't bright red :hugs:

that all sounds really good jetset! i'm so glad for u. xo

Hi Hon, I have just read through this whole thread and my thoughts are with you too but sounds all positive to me so keep smilin..I know you're stuck in limbo but as everyone is saying it all looks good and only time will tell.....i'm guessing you will have a bouncing baby in the new year too.....and btw you are exactly the same amount of weeks that I am and I have had bleeding too but not been docs about it yet - your post has actually given me hope and I am thinking of you in your situation!!!

Best of luck xxxxxxxx

The bleeding has been much lighter today, in fact it has hardly been there most of the day. However, 10 minutes ago I visited the toilet and there was what I thought was a large dark brown clot. Ok, here comes the TMI bit... on closer inspection it was more of a CM consistency and just looked like brown CM rather than a clot like you get when you have a period.

Very strange!

I am feeling really bloated though today and am struggling to eat as a result. I feel full after just a few bites and keep getting a bit of nausea although just in waves rather than the type that lingers.

It could just be the mucus plug forming hun.. fingers crossed. x

All sounds promising to me!

Sickness is a great sign, as much as it sucks!

I have become much less stressed since yesterday's scan... I have been bleeding quite a bit and the little blob was nice and snuggly in there for the time being so we will have to wait and see.

I was also thinking the brown CM-clotty thing could have something to do with all the lubricant that was used on me yesterday! Plus all the rooting around that went on :o

I have become much less stressed since yesterday's scan... I have been bleeding quite a bit and the little blob was nice and snuggly in there for the time being so we will have to wait and see.

I was also thinking the brown CM-clotty thing could have something to do with all the lubricant that was used on me yesterday! Plus all the rooting around that went on :o

i had a scan about this time for the same reason and because id had 2 earlyier m/c,i will say with my mcs the same day the brown blood started i bled heavily by the end of that same day but with this beanie the bleeding neva actually kicked in like af would and after my scan and being told everything was there ie sac n yolk sac i chilled out to then start spotting again and what looked like clots but they soon stopped,when mentioning it to my midwife she said it was prob caused by the internal scan so i really wouldnt worry hun as i had another scan at 7 wks and there was baby,sending big hugs x x x

Thank you... The brown bleeding / spotting has been on and off since Friday, so we are now on day 5 and it is not getting heavier at the moment and is not constant. I have started to think that stress will not be helping. The scan showed the baby there yesterday, so the bleeding prior to that was not it leaving my system.

I am just going to take every day as it comes. I have no cramping at the moment, the nausea is still coming every so often and I am so bloated I have a huge paunch where my normally flat tummy is! It feels very odd!

I just thought I would post a little update on here...

The bleeding has eased a lot since Monday, but I am still feeling a little concerned that it was there at all. However, I am feeling more positive after seeing the gestational sac and yolk sac on Monday, but by next Thursday I am sure I will be a nervous wreck about the second scan! Only 8 days to go!

I just wanted to say a huge thank you to everyone who took the time to read this thread and posted their words of advice and comfort. To have that support meant so much to me and I will be forever grateful.

I will continue to post on this thread any updates I have as I hope it will help others in a similar position.

My fingers will be crossed for you!!

I'm sure everything will turn out just fine x

hi jetset! glad you are feeling a lot more positive! I had some bleeding this morning and even though i was telling you only a few days ago that pink brown blood is common relax etc i still panicked and got upset this morning when i saw it (it was more like discoloured discharge) anyway I am fortunate enough to work at a hospital in the womens and childrens unit so i went to see the midwife today who gave me a scan (i will be seven weeks today) there was a little heart beating and I know that should ease my mind but you still worry dont you!!!!! Im sure everything will be ok though we just need to relax and take it easy!

I had all this at the beginning of this pregnancy, I had suffered 2 miscarriages prior to this little bub so I instantly feared the worst. At 6 weeks 6 days I was sent for an earlyscan and everything was fine. I haven't had any bleeding since 6 weeks and am now 8 weeks. Still nervous but with everyday that passes I feel more positive. fingers crossed for you but all sounds normal to me as I've had same. I was just so thrown off as with my daughter I only had one bleed at 9 weeks and terrible morning sickness, whereas this time I've had 3 bleeds and no morning sickness at all!! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->