Looks like it is over for me... UPDATE pg.14 - a HUGE thank you from me!

If your having a scan this early hun they may not beable to see anything doing the usuall scan you may have to have an internal one which you wont need a full bladder for. But if thats what they told you then you can always have a wee there if they change your mind. Thinking of you.xx:hugs:

Thinking of you JetSet - hope everything is ok!

Once again, I am overwhelmed with the support I have received on here!

I have just got home after my first ultrasound. I went in with a full bladder (how uncomfortable is that!) but as suspected they couldn't see anything initially so decided to do an intervaginal one.

The sonographer firstly told me that there was one gestational sack, and that it was where it should be. My ovaries are clear of any cysts which is good news and the gestational sack has an egg yolk in it and it looks spot on for 5 weeks and 2 days (which is where I thought I was).

They then sent me back up to EPU to see the doctor again and he informed me that my HCG was 9000 this morning so currently they are not too worried about my progression as everything looks ok on the scan and my bloods are showing higher levels. However, they cannot give me any certainity until we can see a heartbeat (there was also no pole... whatever this is... as it is too early to see this). So I am booked in for a second scan on Thursday 16th June in the morning.

They have no idea what is causing the bleeding... there was no sign of any fluid near the gestational sack or anywhere on the ultrasound so I am still not 100% sure what is going on.

Good news that everything looks ok for now, it's normal not to see baby at this point, but I'm sure you will next time. Good luck for next wk, the waiting will be tough but you'll get there x

that is fab news hun!! a yolk sac is good news and i bet any money at your next scan you will see the heartbeat.at least u know u werent miscarrying hun xxx

franbella they called and cancelled my wednesday appointment just now..insurance issues..Looks like I will not know anything until June 15th! UGH

I'm glad things look more positive for you. You'd better get home and make sure you are resting as much as possible.

Jetset

I've got everything crossed for you and I hope that it all settles down very soon so you can enjoy this time.

xx

Awww yey!! fab news hun! :D sounds really promising x

Hi Jetset
Just been reading this thread and wanted to say I'm also thinking about you.
I had a m/c back in January and I know the uncertainty and the waiting is the worst part. Hope this next week passes ok for you and that things continue to settle down. Fingers crossed that you get some more positive news at your scan next week.
x

So glad to hear that hun, hope everything is fine :hugs:

Ooo hunni thats great news!! Fx'd that over the next few days things calm down and when you go back you'll be able to see your lil bub!! Sending you :hugs:.xx

Thank you... I am not going to get too excited just yet though as there was just a gestational sack and yolk sack so very very early days.

It's early days but all signs are pointing to good things!!

I'm so relieved for you. :hugs:

I bet every penny I have that when you go back for your next scan there will be a beautiful little flickering heartbeat.

I still think the bleed is due to stretching etc.

FX'd for you in the mean time! xxx

It's all sounding good Jetset! :D
Wishing you all the best for your next scan :hugs: xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back