• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Lose 10 Pounds in January Challenge!

Mind if I join you (better late than never?)? You guys are an inspiration!

I haven't stepped on a scale since before Thanksgiving. Today I weighed 175lbs. Which means I gained 7 pounds through the holiday season. :(
My long-term goal is to weigh 135lbs, which I haven't weighed since I was 19. So I hope to lose the 40 pounds by my birthday, which is at the end of July.
10 pounds at a time is a good plan for slowly reaching that goal.
Today I am going to do yoga & stuff at home (I have a book and a medicine ball) and later hit the gym with my skinny high metabolism husband. I'll probably go 20-30 minutes on the stairmaster (lots of calories burned!) and then ride the stationary bike and do some rowing.
I am on myfitnesspal, too. Although, I am terrible at keeping up with it. My feed often says I need encouragement. I eat healthy most of the time, but I need to watch my portion control. For this reason I think I might buy a food scale.
Good luck and don't get down if you have an off day! Everyone has them!
:)

I'd join but i dont want look at scales till feb, if do something feb i'll join :)

hi , my starting weight is 9 stone 11 if u wana pop that in there lol

ekkk. Been good all week. 30 mins of exercise a day, not eaten them back and stuck to calories....BUT i'm sitting here starving. Have drunk to big glasses of water and still hungry :cry:

ekkk. Been good all week. 30 mins of exercise a day, not eaten them back and stuck to calories....BUT i'm sitting here starving. Have drunk to big glasses of water and still hungry :cry:

Eat celery? Its cold, crunchy and has some fiber. And very few calories.

I didn't really do so well this week :dohh:
I wasn't well enough to exercise every day but just about better now so I'll be doing much better from hereon in :)

I haven't looked at my scales as I'm gonna stay away till Sunday and hopefully I at least haven't put on weight!!

:blush: So I didn't go to the gym or do yoga yesterday.
Chaos in the afternoon. In my tww, so MOODY, and my optimism and motivation plummeted. :nope:

Today is a new day. I aim to go to the gym today and do something. We'll see when I get there.

Had a really bad start to this challenge - finally got on wii fit yesterday only to find out that I had gained 3lbs !!!! Getting my arse back into gear now and if I can get down to my starting weight again then I will try harder.

Welcome to all the newbies! The front page will be all fixed up either later today or Monday. I haven't had a chance to do it yet since I just started my new job.

sept2010: My diet has been pretty horrible this week. I didn't have that many healthy options until I went grocery shopping. So now I am starting again!

I will have a new weekly challenge for us tomorrow!

Can i join? Weight as of the 1st was 152.5lb

Jenehfur.. Thats kool...

Weigh in tomorrow for the rest of us though!! Eekk!

I added the two new people to the list! Welcome!~

sept2010: I will still be weighing in tomorrow, I just don't expect to see a weight loss.

I had a pretty good day. I had one soda to try and curb my headache.

I want to start trying to add flaxseed in my diet. Supposedly eating oatmeal, a clove of garlic, and flaxseed a day will lower your cholesterol naturally.

I updated the front page, I hope it looks a bit better now! I also took out people who haven't weighed in yet. So once you weigh in, I will put them on the list!

I also put in this week's challenge. It's kind of a hard one, so be warned haha!

Once people start weighing in tomorrow, I will add this weeks current weight in, and a total weight lost thing! :D

Oooh that's a tough challenge for me :haha:
I'm addicted to sugar lol :)

Is it tomorrow it starts?

Oooh that's a tough challenge for me :haha:
I'm addicted to sugar lol :)

Is it tomorrow it starts?

Yes! I am excited for this one lol. I was drinking between 2-4 L of Dr. Pepper a day :o! I had one little can today, and I still have a massive headache.

Lol jenuhfur.. Week 2 challenge! Argh! Sugar is my biggest downfall lol... Btw love the title in the first post lol

Well I'll give it a go :) I'll have to put all the treats away in a cupboard and buy tons of fruit!!

Thanks Jenehfur!
I ate cake today. I don't think I will see a loss tomorrow. I have been trying to get to the gym ( I totally failed this past weeks challenge-I went twice). Overall I have been eating pretty well, but...idk, I can still feel this holiday weight on me, if you know what I mean.

As for flaxseed: grind it or buy the ground. Its the only way that your body can absorb the omegas. Otherwise, they go right through you. 1 tablespoon flax per 2 tablespoons water= 1 egg and is a healthy alternative to eggs in baking. If you like to bake like I do.

There I go mentioning baking when its NO JUNK. Oops.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->