Lose weight first...tone up after? What works for you?

August3

Mum of 2
Reaction score
Was wondering what people's experience is with this.

Do you think you lose weight faster if you change your diet first and leave toning up till the weight or part of the weight is lost or is it best to exercise from the get go?

Hiya!

I lost 4.5 stone in 2013, half way through I started the gym, all machines including weights. I never really felt I was getting anywhere and was obsessed with the scales.

I moved house and added nearly 2 stone back on. I had to shift that and I went a whole new ways joining fitness groups which involved free weights,circuits etc. I have since moved on to strength training and conditioning with a local crossfit group and I love it, I also do sprints outdoors a great fat burner. My honest answer is that is how I would have started off if I could turn back time!I'm heavier than what I was before I put back on weight, more toned, abs and more slender.

I would include exercise.
x

Thanks Wobbles.

I know I will look better sooner if I start exercising.

Have a dodgy hip though so will have to shift some weight before embarking on more strenuous exercise.

I think it's best to do what you will be most consistent with.

For me, exercising right away is best. I lift 3x/week and squeeze in a bit of cardio when I can. I notice when I work out, I make better food choices. Trying to change my diet without working out fails almost every time.

My friend, on the other hand, does better with food on its own but eating right motivates her to work out. So she started eating better first then moved on to workouts in addition to healthy eating.

Thanks Breadsticks

Think I'll be starting to do a bit and try to build it up slowly.

Including weights will be a good move I think

Changing diet first affects the health but it sometimes affects in negative manner also. So it's important to know the importance of diet change.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->