Lose weight or try now? 37 years old..

Ali33

Reaction score
Hey y'all.. I haven't been on here since I lost my son Aidan at 24 weeks in 2013. I am back and have a question.

So I am 37, will be 38 in July. I have a significant amount to weight to lose which I am already working on. I have lost 26 lbs so far and have changed my eating habits tremendously. I am not sure if I should wait until I lose more weight or try now due to my age?

Thoughts?

oooh, gosh that's a good question. What does your doc think? Also, how much weight do you need to lose? If you don't lose more weight and conceive now are you at risk for some serious pregnancy complications?

My dr said back when I was heavier that I can try again at any time. Only complications I might have is GD but even skinny women can get that..

I would go for it and just keep on track with a healthy lifestyle. If the Dr said you could try at any time then losing 26lbs would put you in a fantasticly better position. Good luck!

Great question. Personally, I'm trying to lose weight and attempting to conceive at the moment. I say go with what feels right to you. If you want to lose weight for health or personal reasons go for it.

Have you had difficulty trying to conceive? If so, then it might be where to devote your time.

Hope this helps, good luck on whichever path you follow

I'm doing both as well.
I've lost 38 pounds since my heaviest
I had 2 mc last year.
Docs said I can try anytime
I'm starting trying now bur I'm gonna keep up my exercise and healthy eating during ttc and hopefully pregnancy.
I'm 35.
I think most docs would advise us not to wait
If no other serious complications.
Like other poster says u hve already helped yourself loads by losing that mucj
U can keep up the good habits while preg too

Can you find time in your schedule for both??? Plus sex can be great exercise!

Hi hun,

I'm so sorry for your loss :hug:

Tbh I would TTC and carry on with the diet. Lots of luck and hope to be seeing your :bfp: very soon.

Thanks everyone! I think I will just continue losing weight and see what happens. I appreciate everyone's feedback! :)

I would do both. The only thing you don't want to do is over exercise as that can inhibit ovulation. and by over exercise I mean suddenly doing stuff like running great distances when it isn't something you normally do. But moderate activity every day with healthy eating is totally fine. Also, exercise helps control your blood sugar so if you start now while ttc you can continue on while pregnant (maybe minus a few moves) and it will help keep your pregnancy healthy and on track.

I have a great deal of weight to lose and I am trying while ttc. doc still has me on letrozole to try to get pregnant and we both know the risks of my getting GD is high at my size but I'm 37 (38 in may) and I have other issues in the shadows that could come back so I'm on a very big time crunch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->