losing 5 stone-70 pounds. looking for weightloss buddies,with,a good bit,to lose

Feel better Megan!

Best of luck in your TTC journey liles!!

AFM, started back up with MFP this morning. I wanted to wait until after my 5k (ran my first one last Sunday!) and hit my body with a double whammy- a 1000-1200 daily calori goal plus starting the bikini body mommy workout challenge. It's a 90 day fitness challenge. Every other day is interval training and the other days are cardio. Will be doing a 10k training program on the cardio days. Had a dream last night I was preggo and really gave me a push to finish getting the weight off beforehand. I really want the next pregnancy to be as healthy as it can be. 6 months left to reach my goals before TTC!

Well done on the 5 k hon
I couldn't run 5 mins
I've always sucked at running
My back and my knees let me down
I do put in bits of jogging in my walks at times
But nothing major ��
90 day challenge sounds good
It will bring u halfway to ttc xx

Hi girls 😊
I'm down to 14 st 12 😊
And I'm preg 😊
4 weeks today
Hve 2 prev mmc though
So I'm cautiously optimistic
Hope alls well with ye xxx

Megan how u doin
R u back tracking?
I use my fitness pal and find it great
It def makes me better
I used to keep a food diary but the app is soo much easier

OMG lilesmom, congrats!! You weren't trying yet right? So exciting!! I'll keep everything crossed that this little bean sticks.

I used to use an app similar to myfitnesspal to track calories and log food but I stopped. I really need to get back into the habit of logging food again. I've been kinda stuck in a rut lately. Not sure how to get myself out. The only thing I've been pretty good about is reaching my 10k steps a day. Any other tips for me other than the food logging?? I need help.....

Congratulations liles!!!

90 day challenge is going great! Tomorrow we do the fit test again and I'm excited to see if there is any progression. Went out last night and ran 4.2 miles before my foot started protesting (its sprained). Before starting the challenge I could barely get 3 miles. And as of this morning I finally broke my plataue! Hopefully it doesn't bounce back tomorrow but for today I'm excited. 2 more lbs and I'll be at 60 lbs off!

We started trying at the right time this cycle 😊
We r very lucky getting preg usually happens fast for us
Its keeping is our issue , but fingers crossed 😊
Thanks guys xx

Megan, I'm not a great one for help 😊
When I'm good I'm very good
But when I'm bad I'm horrid 😊
Best things for me are
Home cooked stuff
Less eating out
More planning ahead
When food shopping buy lots of fruit and veg and no crap 😊
Popcorn and sugar free jelly and meringues with fruit are great
Low cal, not total junk that feel like cheating 😊
Lots of walking, gps phone tracker app so I know how far , how fast and how many cals gone
Food logging helps me massively
And I weigh myself every morning
Also I'm putting away money for every pound lost to buy clothes after 😊
Hope some of these help.
Also for motivation, maybe write down how u would feel
And how u would benefit if u were at ur target weight now
The only thing to get out of a rut is to decide u can
Decide ur sick of where ur at and make baby steps to change

Says the girl who went and got takeaway this eve 😊
But I've been brill lately
If I do say so myself 😊

Kk thanks 😊
That's brill , on the running and nearly 60 pound off
Fab work x

Hope ur foot is better soon.
Ouch , I've had sprained ankle before
Not fun.

Megan- I agree with what liles said. For me, I eat at a maintenance level so the only way to lose weight is to track food and stay within my calorie goal. We try to make all low sodium food for dinner (we for the American heart association low salt cookbook and its bad some good recipes). And otherwise, just finding replacement foods. Instead of chips, we get rice cakes, baked snap peas and lentil snaps. Instead of regular cookies, we get the 100 calorie pack cookies. We use the "very thin" bread instead of normal to cut back there. Drinking only waterhas helped. And just in general making sure what we are eating is low calorielow sodium and low sugar food. Losing weight is all about diet. So while getting your steps in is AWESOME and has mazing health benefits like healthier heart, less stress etc, it won't do much for loaong weight if not paired also with diet.

Thanks for the advice ladies I really appreciate it. Here is my game plan so far. I am trying to get back on the food diary thing. It's really hard. Since I'm a SAHM I eat very weirdly. Mostly just grazing all day. When I do get a meal I have to share everything with DS so it makes it difficult to figure out how much I'm really eating. But, I'm trying...
Also, I used to do a kickboxing class at a gym I went to years and years ago and I really loved it. I just saw the other day that they have opened a kickboxing studio right down the road from my house and classes there are reasonably priced. So I'm starting to do a kickboxing video I have and if I can keep it up 2x (tuesdays and thursdays) a week for the next 4 weeks I'm going to sign up for classes at the studio. I was really good and did the video both times this week even though it almost killed me. I haven't sweat like that in a long time.

Enough about me, how is everyone else doing??

Lilesmom, how's the pregnancy going? You are 5 weeks today right?

Sounds like an awesome plan! (Also, re-read my last post and sorry for all the spelling errors! Typing on the phone has its drawbacks lol)

AFM, I'm down another pound! :happydance: one more to 60 lbs, 7 to my goal! I expect this weekend to gain back a bit..we have a wedding tomorrow night and will have dinner and drinks etc. It's out first date since December and my first time leaving DS overnight, so I'm not going to worry too much about it.

Hope you gals have a lovely weekend!

Well done on getting back into it
Its hard to get back into the mindset again once we slip
But soo worth it 😊
Well done 😊

Ur so close now kk
Well done 😊

I'm not down as much as I thought
My new scales is weighing light but I don't know how much by
Doh
Little squish splashed water into old scales
But new ones r fluctuating too much to be right

I've eaten a lot yest and today
Hve been extra hungry
But all food not junk so I don't mind

I did clear blue second test that tells u weeks
And it hasn't gone up.
Its still at 2-3 weeks
Its made me doubtfull again
Sorry I bought them now
Hurry up scan 😊

Hope ye r having good weekend

Enjoy the wedding and don't think of dieting this weekend

Good morning ladies! How are you doing today?

liles- how are you feeling? have you done another weeks estimator? I heard they pulled them from shelves to re-make them due to inaccuracies. Please try not to worry too much if the line tests are getting darker.

I weighed in this morning and am officially down 60 pounds (just over 4 s)!! Since I picked back up calorie counting I am averaging 2 pounds/week. I know this will slow eventually so I am hoping to hit my 155 goal in the next 6-7 weeks!

Hope you gals have a wonderful day :flower:

I got bloods done wed and today
First one came back low but well into the range
So that's fine
But I wont know anything till the second one on mon
Very seldom people wish it was Monday 😊

Well done on 60 down
That's brilliant work
Fab news xx

Best of luck with the results hun :hugs:

Lilesmom - Fx for great numbers on Monday

Kksy9n -congrats on 60 Lbs. that's so awesome!!!

Thank you!

How are you doing Megan?

Hey guys
Ye still here?
How ye doin?
Sorry I've been awol.
I had another mc 3 weeks ago.
I've put on 7 pounds but I'm back in the game now.
By first af that should be gone.
How ye getting on?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"