losing my belly fat

momtoparker

Reaction score
Hi all. I have two children and the youngest in 5 months. My belly is really bad this time around and I absolutly hate it, its definatly a blow to my ego. Anyhow, I was wondering can you really lose that fat and extra skin? My family (the women) all have pretty big bellys and they always have looked really bad after children, we've never had flat bellys's to begin with. But I am concerned that I would never lose that extra skin and flab. I want to know a sure fire way to lose that fat. Do I need to mix cardio (running) with ab exercises or is it all about the muscle toning?
Thanks

Belly fat is 100% about diet. You can do strength training to build up the abdominal muscles but the fat is diet. I know plenty of women (I am a weight lifter/body builder) that do not do ab workouts - ever - but keep their diet in check 100% and do other full body exercises (ie. heavy squats, deadlifts, etc) and have flat stomachs/abs, even after kids.

Have a read through some of these journals, it will give you an idea of what sort of exercise and diet it actually takes to achieve that:
https://forum.bodybuilding.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38

I have to agree. There really is no such thing as spot reduction. You can do crunches all day and get great ab muscles but you will never see them until the fat goes. It has to be diet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->