losing weight??

saffy1978

Mummy to 5!
Reaction score
Morning ladies. I've just weighed myself and I've lost 4 pounds in the space of 3 days??!! I'm still eating my normal amount and feel OK. I just wondered if this is normal for the last month of pregnancy?? Is anyone else losing a bit of weight??

Thanks in advance. xx

I've heard that its possible to loose weight in the last few weeks - I don't know the reason but apparantly its normal so try not to worry.

Its due to a change in the amount of fluid your body produces which decreases in the last couple of weeks before delivery

I wish I was lol but I bet it's water loss:) try and not worry we go from swollen to not in a few hours so our water weight probably goes up and down all the time!

I lost weight in the last 4 weeks of each of my pregnancies~*

I lost 1.5 kg in a matter of a month, and I've been a bit worried too truth be told. I just find it odd, especially because I'm cooking a big baby again and this has never happened to me before! I hope it's okay....

I'm overdue & I've lost about 5 lbs in the past two weeks. I asked my Dr. about it when I went in, he said it was perfectly normal to have this happen in the later stages of pregnancy & not to worry about it.

I'm overdue & I've lost about 5 lbs in the past two weeks. I asked my Dr. about it when I went in, he said it was perfectly normal to have this happen in the later stages of pregnancy & not to worry about it.

Oh that's a relief! But did he mention why it happens?

He mentioned that it can happen for a few different reasons...

1. Sometimes its because the mom can't actually eat as much because lo is sitting too high (this has definitely not been the case with me as I find I'm eating either more or normally)

2. Less fluid retention i.e. loss of water weight (Which I also don't think happened to me as my feet & ankles are still swollen at the end of the day)

or

3. LO grows at a really rapid rate of about 1 lb per week at the end of pregnancy & may just be burning more than mommy can consume. (If I had to guess I'd say this is what's happening to me even though visually doesn't appear to me that my bump is any bigger) :shrug:

I'm sure there are other reasons, but those were the ones he mentioned as being the most common.

He mentioned that it can happen for a few different reasons...

1. Sometimes its because the mom can't actually eat as much because lo is sitting too high (this has definitely not been the case with me as I find I'm eating either more or normally)

2. Less fluid retention i.e. loss of water weight (Which I also don't think happened to me as my feet & ankles are still swollen at the end of the day)

or

3. LO grows at a really rapid rate of about 1 lb per week at the end of pregnancy & may just be burning more than mommy can consume. (If I had to guess I'd say this is what's happening to me even though visually doesn't appear to me that my bump is any bigger) :shrug:

I'm sure there are other reasons, but those were the ones he mentioned as being the most common.

Thanks, this is good to know! I was a bit worried actually.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->