Loss of my dad and time off work...

Sammy2009

Mum of 1 daughter,1 angel
Reaction score
Hi,

I lost my dad on October 26th (last week) after he suddenly fell asleep on the sofa one morning. Mum found him. I was told by OH at work that morning too and broke down into an emotional wreck in front of all my colleagues. I cannot believe that my dad will never get to see his second and last grandchild. :cry:

My parents live in Spain and we live in Holland so we had to arrange flights for the next day to go there. I have not stopped since that day and I had to arrange the whole funeral on my own as mum didnt have a clue what to do (like I did!!!) It was very stressful being 3 months pregnant, rushing around in 30 degrees of sun and often not having time to eat for hours and hours on end.

To top it all mum has caused me and OH copious amounts of grief since the funeral and a big argument has taken place because of this and so last night we flew back home.

My question is, what is a normal amount of time to take off for the loss of a parent or close family member? I just feel with all the rushing around, stress, hassle and arguments that I haven't even had time to grieve for my poor father. Work is not hassling me, they are an understanding company and I got home to a lovely card they had sent from everyone at work wishing me well but I dont want to take advantage or give them the impression I am taking too much time.... I was off last week and yesterday so far. I guess i'm just stressing out even more.

Can you help me out by telling me what you think or how long you took off work to grieve.... My head is all over the place.

I dont have any advice but wanted to say i'm so sorry for your loss :hugs:

sorry hun again no real advice except don't go back until your ready, if needs be go see your doctor and get signed off x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->