Loss of symptoms

Mrs B.

Reaction score
I've not been on here for quite a while... pretty much gave up on the whole idea of kids after 5+ years and a failed IVF. Completely out of the blue, I found out I was pregnant this month and am now 5 weeks 6 days (ish), but I can't stop expecting the worst. Yesterday noticed a tiny bit of brown spotting and today my symptoms have mostly disappeared. Anyone got any good experiences to share?? I can't help but think it's bad news and whilst I couldn't wrap my head around the pregnancy, I can't now imagine how to cope with going back to TTC. *sigh* :wacko:

Congratulations on your pregnancy :)

It's normal for symptoms to come and go I find. I have no real symptoms, but I had a scan that showed all was well.
As for the bleeding, this too can happen in pregnancy. I have bled in 3 out of my 4 pregnancies and does not always mean miscarriage at all.

Thanks, Yo-Yo :) Would love to enjoy this, but the worrying is getting the better of me! Congratulations to you too!

Thank you :)
:hugs: it'll get easier as the weeks go by. Will you be having an early scan? I booked one for 7 weeks for reasurrance. It helps lots.

I hope so... I just can't quite sort my head out at the moment and every tiny thing (or lack of) makes me think it's all going away. I'd love an early scan... I asked the doc who said I would get one because my dates aren't 100% clear (know my first day of last period, but had a few irregular cycles). But she's not the one that makes that decision, so I guess I'll have to beg the midwife once I get an appointment. I had blood taken on Friday and got to call up for the results tomorrow, and hoping to repeat the bloods to ensure everything is looking okay. Docs don't seem keen to check things out though. Once I get the okay from the bloods, I can call up for my first midwife appt.

Update: got my HCG back today from the 5 weeks 3 days test and it's 59 which is really low. Got to do another two test to be certain as the weekend screwed up the 48 hours between tests (next test is tomorrow - Tues), but seem to be spotting a little more so expecting this to get heavier. Gutted. Not sure why life decided to tempt me with a natural pregnancy after 5 years to just take it away again, but hey ho. I guess that's life and I have to get on with it. I'll update once I get my next beta just so anyone reading the thread can see how it ends.

I am so sorry, I hope there is some hope for you , could your dates be off?

Just wanted to send you some love :hugs:
Praying everything works out for you

Thanks both :) Sadly, I don't think dates could be off. First day of last period was 2nd May, and the last BD that cycle was 20th May, as I thought we'd missed O already and busy month... so definitely couldn't have conceived much later than expected. My calculations put me at 5 weeks 3 days for the first blood test, although I guess I could have been nearer 5 weeks. Still, a result of 59 would only be okay for nearer 3 weeks I guess. Had another blood test today so hopefully should get the results tomorrow, although docs have said the next blood test from Thurs (48 hours after today's) will be the one they really need to see as today's test was 5 days after the last so not accurate enough... if that all makes sense. Quite honestly, I don't really feel pregnant anymore, although not had any more bleeding yet.

Keeping my fingers crossed for you Mrs B. Hoping your numbers keep climbing and I will be peeping in to see your results.

Thanks :) I'm pretty convinced about the outcome but I guess there's always that tiny possibility things might be more positive... I guess tomorrow will tell!

Fingers crossed hun. If it is bad news you will be so likely to conceive again body knows what it's doing. I tried for two years nothing got pregnant lost it and two months later was pregnant again. X

I hope so. We got pregnant with IVF 2.5 years ago, but 3 days later it was gone... then nothing for 2.5 years (and nothing for 2.5 years before the IVF), never been naturally pregnant until this month. I'd be thrilled if we actually manage to get pregnant again... but it's pretty hard to believe it will happen. If it does then hopefully the next one will be sticky. This TTC/pregnancy malarky is hard!

Well, that's that. Got my bloods back from Tuesday - 84. Which is 5 days after my beta of 59. It's definitely a miscarriage. I'm now just hoping it's not ectopic. Thanks for the support and kind words, ladies, and best of luck to you all with your pregnancies :)

Well, that's that. Got my bloods back from Tuesday - 84. Which is 5 days after my beta of 59. It's definitely a miscarriage. I'm now just hoping it's not ectopic. Thanks for the support and kind words, ladies, and best of luck to you all with your pregnancies :)

Sorry to hear, wishing you all the best and hope you get pregnant quickly and are back here soon. x

so sorry to hear hun. I do agree with you this ttc journey can be so difficult and makes you feel like you're on an emotional roller coaster. I see we've been ttc for about the same time so I truly understand it isn't easy but I would like to encourage you to keep going. You got a natural BFP which means it can happen again. In the meantime while you decide what your next steps will be I'd suggest you stay on your vitamins and do something for yourself to help lift your spirits and we are all here to support you if you feel you need someone to lean on.

I am really sorry. I say don't ever give up I know it's taking a long time but it will happen. It has and it will again and it will stick till the end next time. X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->