Lost Mind! Please Return if Found :)

OvenBunWanted

Pregnant w/#1
Reaction score
Good Day Ladies!

Firstly let me start by saying I am new to these forums, and well, new to TTC in general. As you can see by the title, I have clearly lost my mind and would kind of like to have it back if at all possible :wacko: Any help would be greatly appreciated! :flower:

I'm 38 yrs old, just married my DH in Aug 2011 (after a very looong 9 year wait) and we are TTC baby #1. I guess you could say I have a few strikes against me right from the get-go...older, overweight, hypothyroid (take synthroid) and iron anemic (take x2 ferrous gluconate).

My DH would like to have 2 children so we are definitely getting a late start. Given this fact I took the path of least resistance and went straight into using OPKs. I generally have a regular 28 day cycle and have never used hormonal birth control. My last af started Aug 29/11 and lasted 4 days. I used the ClearBlue OPKs and got a + on cd15. We did the bd on cd15 and cd16 (DH fell asleep on cd17...ugh).

At around this time I also discovered the whole world of bbt so decided to throw my hat in the ring and give it a whirl. My chart starts on the first day I got the + OPK.

Now here is where I lose my mind...it is now cd32/16dpo and af was due 3 days ago (on cd29/13dpo). I have been having symptoms but now think I may just be dreaming as I have taken a few hpts and all I got were bfns.

Aside from that, on two occasions since af was due, I've noticed a little brownish color to the mucus when I did a cervix check. Creamy with a little pinkish-brownish tint. Maybe I am checking too much and causing it to be angry as I have noticed a little cramping after I poked around? Nothing has shown when wiping...just when I check (high, hard and feels sort of closed). I'm so afraid that :witch: is coming for me! I'm really not a fast runner...

Anyhoo, I thought my chart was going fine until this morning when my temp took a .2 dip. I keep hoping it was the lack of sleep due to peeing or perhaps the open window or fan my DH had on due to his fever (yay for strep throat...not!). Sadly, however, I didn't find the room that cold...on the contrary I have been feeling like someone turned my inner thermostat up.

As of today the only feelings/symptoms I am having are on and off hunger, some nausea when I'm hungry (goes away when I eat), lots of peeing, a little pulling/pressue/bloated feeling, some odd flutters/cramps and sore breasts. I usually get sore "girlies" before my af but this time it didn't go away as much as change. The overall pain and sensitivity went away and now they just mostly ache deep down on the outter sides and under the nipples (when you push or DH rests his arm or head on me). I also get a sharp pain or tingle from time to time but it's very occasional. DH says my "girlies" feel different and they look darker but I'm really not convinced. I'm also tired but this is not unusual since I'm hypothyroid and have low iron. For a while I was experiencing gas and constipation, but while I still have them, they are not as bad as they were.

So here is where I stand...playing the am I? am I not? game. To say it's driving me nuts is an understatement!!! If you've read this post and have any words of advise then thank you so much :flower: I'm attaching my chart though I realize that there isn't much to go on as it is my first ever chart and it doesn't start until later in the cycle. And no, I'm not nearly dead...I apparently just tend to run a little low temp wise :winkwink:

Baby dust to you all!!
:dust:

Oops! Forgot the attachment...here's the chart

Attachments

• Chart.pdf
    72.1 KB · Views: 16
Hi there.

When was your last negative hpt? If you did one at 16dpo and it was bfn, I would say that's accurate. If it was a few days ago, I'd suggest you take another, or just wait.

Also, if you had a temp dip today, AF is probably coming today or tomorrow. My temps seem to start dropping a couple of days prior to AF.

Good luck.

Thanks for responding! My last bfn was at the Doc's office on 14dpo (the day after af was due). I was there thinking I may have a bladder infection due to all the peeing. They tested for pregnancy at the same time. Negative for the bladder infection too (that one I was happy about). As for the dip, since I'm new to charting I'm not sure if it's a substantial one or not as I seem to dip up and down quite a bit...

Thanks for responding! My last bfn was at the Doc's office on 14dpo (the day after af was due). I was there thinking I may have a bladder infection due to all the peeing. They tested for pregnancy at the same time. Negative for the bladder infection too (that one I was happy about). As for the dip, since I'm new to charting I'm not sure if it's a substantial one or not as I seem to dip up and down quite a bit...

Dipping up and down is normal. You won't really see a straight or flat line.
Mine tends to trend down prior to AF. But some women will get AF even with an elevated temp. It takes several months to learn how your temps typically run, and then to be able to draw conclusions from it.

14dpo blood draw is probably accurate as well :hugs:
The only time I would get excited is if it's a lp that is considerably longer than your typical lp. Mine is about 12 days. If I had a 16 day lp, I would either be pregnant, or maybe I had ovulated on a different day :dohh:

If you are interested in reading, try "Taking Charge Of Your Fertility" by Toni Weschler. It's the ttc bible, lol, and covers temping/interpretation as well.

Oh...

Because I was thinking she may have Oed as late as CD18....

Well ladies, it looks like af is starting this evening...should be full on by tomorrow morning. Bugger. Oh well, I'll have my little boo-hoo and start again on a new cycle. When I got that temp dip this morning I was really hoping it was just a random dip but deep down I knew it wasn't a great sign. Despite everything though, this bbt thing is really quite interesting! I shall have to keep at it for a bit to see if it gives me some helpful insights. For this new cycle I think I'm gonna try some preseed and perhaps give robitussin a whirl. Can't hurt, right?

Here's to a successful October hopefully full of bfps!!
Luck to us all! FX

Oh...

Because I was thinking she may have Oed as late as CD18....

Really? I thought ov happened 12-48 hrs after a + OPK... I got a +CB OPK on cd15 so was thinking that I would O on cd16. Interesting. So much to learn! I find it hard to tell with cm as I don't get an abundance of ewcm. Think I will try preseed but could definitely use some enlightenment regarding O time after a + OPK.

I don't do opks. They don't work for me.

But, I do get ewcm and obvious ov pain. I go with those signs.

I agree with Indigo.

Off topic but I love your name dachsundmom! I too am a wiener mom...I even started a dachshund club which now has over 200 members. What can I say, I'm a fanatic! :happydance:

Then you will understand that I totally forgot one of the 'h's in dachshund bc I started this account while nursing a bottle of wine! :haha:

I have a chocolate and tan mini doxie...his name is Porkchop and he is a stinking rat bas*ard, but I love him dearly! :thumbup:

https://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa469/ber2154/porkchop-GQ.jpg

Did you continue testing after your first positive OPK?

Hmmm...that I did not do. I got the + and stopped there. I figured once you got it then there was no need to continue with the testing. What would be the benefit of continuing the OPK after the surge was detected (+)?

Sometimes your Lh surge can last more than 24 hours.
Most women ovulate around 24 hours after their last positive test.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->