Lost our baby girls:(

An angel in the book of life wrote down your babies birth,

Then whispered as she closed the book,

"Too beautiful for the Earth"

Sending lots of hugs your way hun, cant even begin to imagine what your going through xxxxx :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Thank you! This is actually 1 of 2 quotes/verses we chose to put on our babies head stone. They were laid to rest this morning in one of the most beautiful cemeteries in our state, that has a section called "Lullaby Land". It's specially dedicated to stillborns and infants and is such a beautiful place. We did have my parents hold them after they were born and I'm glad we did. My parents are glad they were able to say goodbye as well. We did put their pictures on our bedroom dresser and they were very beautiful peaceful pictures. My husband's boss went to the HR department at his work and asked that he be granted bereavement leave, which they had no issue with. Any pregnancy loss after 20 weeks is deemed a death and not a miscarriage by the company. He'll be returning to work Monday, which I feel is more than appropriate. I think he would have been fine going back today, but his boss asked that he take until Monday. It makes it easier to pick up the pieces and move on when he's able to be home for a few days.

We truly do appreciate everyone's support through this. We've been shocked and thankful for the support from our family and friends as well. Initially I never wanted to get pregnant ever again, but we've decided to take a semi permanent route, so that in 3-4yrs when our boys are in 1st grade we can try again if we want. My doctor said that I would always regret doing something perm immediately after, and my husband and I think she's right. We did want some answers and I guess it brought some comfort know it's not really anything I had any control over, but makes trying again not something I want to do again either.

sounds like a lovely place to lay your little angels to rest :hugs::hugs:
I am glad you have some support and don't have to go through this alone.
My heart goes out to you and keeping you in my thoughts.

:hugs: Sorry I'm coming in late but I just wanted to send you tons of hugs. :cry: This is so sad and I'm so sorry for you and your family's loss. My heart goes out to you and you will be in my thoughts. I do think that it is a blessing that you both were able to hold them and say goodbye. Brings tears to my eyes again as I think of everything you must have gone through. Your girls will forever be remembered and they will always be looking over you. :hugs:

This thread makes my heart heavy... It sounds like a lovely place to put them to rest & you have formed a relationship with them by holding them before you lay them to rest. You will always be their Mum... Try not to think of the future and trying again or not trying again. You don't have to decide on that right now. You can cross that bridge when you come to it and I'm sure you will make the right decision for you both when the time comes. In the meantime, take care of yourself :hugs:

Thank you everyone for your kid words and thoughts. It really means a lot. It's been a week full of ups and downs, sadness, anger and emptiness.:cry: It's been hard to figure out how and when to move on. I'm blessed to have an amazing husband who is very open and willing to talk about my feelings and his. It helps both of us being able to truly talk to each other and help each other pick up the pieces.

Our girls have shown us how fragile, irreplaceable and unpredictable life is and have made us better parents, spouses and people. I'll always be grateful for the short time we had with them. I'm staying on prophylactic antibiotics until we have another baby at some point, just to prevent any complications. Although the risk of this happening again is slim, I/we don't want to take the chance. We're very excited to be bringing home our fur baby, Great Dane puppy, Dec. 17th. He's warmed our hearts and we can't wait to bring him home. He's not a baby, but in a way. Dogs bring companionship that kids don't even. He'll be our first puppy/dog, since we had our boys, so we're excited. It's nice to have something to look forward to. It no where near, nor is he intended to replace the loss of Grace and Paige and our hopes and dreams of bringing home our rainbow baby, but we're thankful for Tango none the less. I'm very excited for everyone and can't wait to see pictures of your babies! The loss of our girls hasn't tainted our genuine happiness for friends, and those on this forum, who are expecting because we know that we'll have our rainbow baby at some point. Friends having healthy babies and getting pregnant gives us hope.

Attachments

• IMG_0952.JPG
    IMG_0952.JPG
    94.7 KB · Views: 11
Tatormum I was really hoping that you would maybe consider trying again one day, I know nothing can replace your twin girls but there may just be another baby out there for you at some stage in life. I just cant begin to imagine how you have been feeling this past week. I lost amniotic fluid at 22 weeks and it was absolutely terrifying I didnt know what was happening, I was shocked at how attached I was already to both babies before they were even born, something other people could never understand.
There was a lady that lost her boys at 18 weeks when I was pregnant with mine, we were the same gestation, and even to this day I think about her babies, and wonder how she is doing. Ill be thinking about you and your babies too. xx

Hope you're healing. It sounds like you and your husband are a good support for each other. :hugs:

Your fur baby is lush.

TatorMom I sorry I've only just read this as I haven't been on here in ages. I do not know what to say........I am so so sorry for your loss, I'm speechless, life is so wrong at times.

I truely hope you try again and I wish you all the happiness that life can bring to you. Take care and sending you big hugs Kel xx

I just wanted to tell you how much I admire your strength and courage. I have been praying for you every day.:hugs:

Xxxx big hugs sweetie.

I agree don't ever underestimate the healing powers of a canine - they truly are mans best friend xxxx

aww that puppy is amazing!!! he will bring lots of love to you and your family. they make great confidants and shoulders to cry on. plus they get huge so you can get a real hug going.

Hey ladies! I have been gone for about six months. I was pregnant with my first, due to clomid. We lost our daughter on May 2, 2012 to Chorioamnionitis. We are now attempting to try for another baby. I hope we have some good news soon. Hope to talk to you all again!

I only just saw this, I'm am so so sorry :( sending you lots of love and thoughts xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->