LOTS of Blood in Stool @ 14 weeks. Scared

L

Loki

My wife is at 14 weeks. Today she told me she had a bowel movement and there was LOTS of blood because she was constipated. Has this happened to anyone else? Is it cause for alarm?

Was it bright red? If so- chances are that either it piles or an anal fissure (where your tear the lining of your back passage due to hard stools). Both of these can lead to a shocking amount of blood. If she's feeling well otherwise and it's not bleeding at other times, I wouldn't worry.

I had this a couple of times too when constipated, i figured its just as CocoaOne said and probably some small tears as it doesnt happen any other time.

I had a small tear that had a lot of blood when I finally managed to take a crap after several days of not going... Is it actually IN the stool, or is it just coming from her bum area?

Does she have haemorrhoids? If so one of them might have ruptured - not a big deal, just painful, she can get treatment over the counter from a Pharmacy... Otherwise it could literally just be a tear - using a little bit of sudocreme or salt water (just something to keep it clean and help heal it) can help - I found it pretty painful to go for a wee or poo for a couple of days after it happened.

xx

babe it happend to me im ok i hope you will be two im sure there is noting to worry about it happend to me at 5 weeks and everything is brill now

If it's red fresh blood it's piles. They might not be on the outside either so she might not be aware she has them other than the blood when she poos. I've suffered with them internally so I have no external symptoms (itchy, sore etc) but when they have been bad I've bled every movement.

It's important not to push when she does go and to try to soften things. Drink plenty and eat fibre :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->