• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

LOVE or MONEY?

pinkish_angel

Reaction score
my answer is: LOVE

Today got me thinkin, watching Cindy marry that oldie on Hollyoaks just for the money..

yes money is important but if I really had to chose I would chose love any day. I know this because I have made that choice. I was with my daughters dad and he paid for most things... he was generous.. we used to go on shopping trips, he bought the food shoppin, meals out etc etc.. paid my mortgage (this wasnt always... at one stage I paid more than him but after our LO was born I worked part time only so he put a lot more in). The problem was, there was no love. I believe this was on both our parts. I didnt wanna be stuck in a loveless relationship all my life so I ended it about 2 years ago in search of love. I found it :happydance: however, the guy in my life now does not love me :cry: and his answer to the question is: MONEY! Its all he gives a shit about basically. So it seems I have had Karma bite me on the bum!! Lookin at this its like I just left a man wwho gave me everything for a man who gives me nothing but theres more to it than that. My daughters dad cheated on me for 6 months while I was pregnant and I didnt even know so our issues were more than having no love. There was no trust either after. Despite all this I still stand by my decision and would do the same all over again... Love is defo what matters.

what do you think?

Both please!

Haha. Definitely love. I've been in a loveless relationship and it was very emotionally draining.

yeh.. we all want MONEY ;) but at the end of the day I totally agree with you. Theres nothing worse than being with someone and having to lie down with someone you don't love no matter how much money he is throwing your way. xxx

Definitely love. I've never been out with anyone with any money. In my experience the more money someone has the less desirable their personality becomes! lol It's a catch 22. I chose DH for love, he is 3.5 years younger than me and as we were both in full time education when we neither of us had any money. But I bought a house and now earn about £6k more than him so he's benefiting financially from me! lol But he chose me for love too for sure. I'm a very independent woman and whilst it would be nice to be better off I would HATE to be a kept woman.

If I lived 200 years ago, my answer might be different but these days we can choose to earn money too. I've nothing to offer a rich man anyway. I doubt one would be interested in me for my brain and I wouldn't be a great ornament on his arm!

When I saw the title of the thread I thought it meant single & in the money or in love but poor. My answer to that would be single & rich (thats because I'm off men atm!)

But if you're asking would I be in a relationship with someone that I didn't love just because they had money the answer would be no.

Hope that makes sense!

yeh my answer to 'your' one would be the same as yours :) Gimmie money over a man any day hahaha but if I have to have a man, Id rather have love with him than be in a love-less relationship :) Seems no ladies have come forward to say they are with their partner for the money then :angelnot:

So if you chose single and rich then the perfect man came along, would you sacrifice the money for love?

I think I would because I believe love to be more powerful than money so I would have to follow my heart. Depends tho... if a man came along and said 'I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU come live with me in my lil one bed flat and be broke everyday' and I was a millionaire and in order to get this love from him I had to
give my millions away Id prob say 'bugger off' :happydance:

That sorta contradicts my original answer but theoretically, I believe love to be more important than money.. based on my experience of man number 1 with money and man number 2 with no money but I love. The love won!!

Sod it, I'm that much of a cynic I'll pick money, less hassle :winkwink:

So if you chose single and rich then the perfect man came along, would you sacrifice the money for love?

No! :rofl:

I'm a cynic too. I don't believe in perfect men. Ask me again in a few years!

In that case I'd spend my money on assets and capital and then have the love in a big comfy house surrounded by beautiful things! Lol

Would always pick love...although I do think sometime lack of money can make love/relationships harder...it's not all 'yay we love each other that's all that matters'. It seems to be the main thing couples fight about :S xx

Tried love. Didnt work. Wasted 6 yrs of my life with a useless man who used to take money frm me to spend it on other women. After 2 yrs, I went for the perfect match with no love, & it worked. After few mnths I started to fall in love, then we got engaged & married after 10 mnths.

Money.

I'd rather be well off and by myself without a man. I don't believe in love anymore, sorry. Thought I met my soulmate and the man of my dreams and he cheats on me, raises a hand to me and made my life miserable for the last two years I was with him. I loved him with every part of my being and he destroyed it.

If I had to make a choice Love all the time

They way I see it I would rather be with my Soul mate than be in a loveless relationship like I have been with my Ex

Money dosnt buy you happinness but I rather cry in a Ferrari.
hehe.

I would, choose love as I never had money anyway and when I did I blew it all and was back to square one. Love feels nicer. A bit of money wouldnt go a stray though if theres any.

Love definitely.

However I'd rather be single and rich than single and poor, so if I didn't have love, money would come a close second ;o)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amama
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->