Love these names but...?

chelsealynnb

Wife & mommy <3
Reaction score
I am in love with the name Briella for a girl. Only problem is - that is my husband's uncles daughter's name. We rarely see or talk to them, maybe once every couple years or so. Is that name off limits? Also my kids have a close cousin that they see often named Brianna, and everyone calls her Bri. I don't think there can be two Bri's that close? Can anyone think of a name similar to Briella?

I also very much love the name Maisie, pronounced May-Zee, but don't want to spend my entire life correcting people (no, it's May-Zee, not Macy). Thoughts?

If you see that that infrequently id use it. Were considering using the same name as my friends dog. We see them maybe twice a year

I think if I were in your situation I would use it :) It is not like you see that person to often anways.

I would use it too but would also automatically pronounce maisy mazee not macey... Both are beautiful names x

Love it! I'd use it so long as you and OH think it's not a problem.
I'd pronounce Maisie/Maisy as you want May.zee, whereas Macie/Macy is clearly May.see

If you really like it and don't see them that much then I would still use it to.
Also DD is Maisie and we've never had to correct anyone on it :)

I think you should use it if you hardly see them. I love Maisie though!! I would use it myself except my son is Mason and my niece is Maycie and so is my best friends daughter lol.

I think you should use it if you hardly see them. I love Maisie though!! I would use it myself except my son is Mason and my niece is Maycie and so is my best friends daughter lol.

Thank you! I think I like Maisie more at this point :thumbup:

I wouldn't use Briella unless you plan to avoid the nn Bri; if it was just that your DH's uncle's daughter has the name then I'd use it, but the close cousin who goes by Bri would put me off. I think Maisie is a sweet name and the few Maisie/Maisy's I know don't get called Macy, but it might be because I'm in the UK and with a British accent they sound different.

I love Maisie and considered it for my LO but ran into the same problem - everyone I showed pronounced it May-cee which I don't care for at all. :( In hindsight I kind of wish I had put up more of a fight for it, though, and not let that put me off so much.

How about Gabrielle or Gabriella? Its close to Briella, but not the same.

I think Maisie is adorable, too!

I've never heard anyone pronounce Masie as Macy, do they also say Daisie as Dacy? I like Masie out of those 2 choices.

Both are lovely and I don't think you could go wrong with either.

I like Maisie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"