Low AMH :-( help, do i have any options?

Hello,My amh is 1.9 I've been ttc for almost 3 years,I'm 42.I'm back at the consultant next week for my final decision.Think this means there's no hope for me!Please please do have any options?I need to know what to ask next week before I'm fobbed off!

Greetings to All,
I'm pretty much in the same boat. My AMH was 2.01 back in July, and it was suggested that we go straight to IVF after all the failed previous cycles. What I don't understand is I have great response to injectables. Some cycles I had as many as 6 mature follicles, and was made to half or even cut my HcG show into 1/4 of the regular dose due to the risk of multiples. Each time was a BFN. My fiance has a normal SA, but yet we are still unable to concieve. Been through HSG, etc. As for DHEA i read it can do more harm than good, especially if you don't need it- but I'm to the point that I will try anything as most of us are. IVF is not a possibility right now for us due to finances (about $12,000-14,000 here at the local RE's). We've tried so many drugs, and none have worked thus far. I blame being on the pill for 14 years, but they say it has no effect. Just don't know what else to do. Hoping for a BFP for all of us. Thanks for letting me vent. :brat:

Hi I'm new to this,but ttc for almost 3 years now.Unfortunate for me I'm now 42 and been told there's not much point in IVF as my amh is 1.9.My tubes are open,but obviously that's not enough.I'm back at the consultant need week for a final desicion!Think that means they want rid of me!Does anyone know if I have any options at all left?Would chomid help?I'm desperate to try anything!!!

Hi Betty, are you ovulating? If there are still eggs being released there is hope as far as I know xx fx for your apt :hugs:

Im taking coq10 & seeing a fertility acupuncturist. I know my AMH is terrible (& DH has poor SA) but even with all this we somehow managed a natural pregnancy last yr (although sadly that ended), but still gives me hope..

Hi ladies - some really encouraging stories and advice.

I have had my AMH test done as pre-IVf workup but I havent been given the results. How did you guys found out - did they routinely offer them to you or did you have to phone and ask. I am hoping that no news is good news....

I am ovulating,well I think so I've been doing those tests for over a year and they indicate that.I've had one at the docs around a year ago and that was ok too.I've been taking that dhea for 2 months now and started on q10.feel like buying Chomid online to give that a try.Has anyone tried soy something its supposed to be an alternative to Chomid?By the way had to wait 3 months to get a letter to say my amh was low!

Hi ladies - some really encouraging stories and advice.

I have had my AMH test done as pre-IVf workup but I havent been given the results. How did you guys found out - did they routinely offer them to you or did you have to phone and ask. I am hoping that no news is good news....

Hi MrsMax

I had to phone the hospital for mine, they then made sure I had an appointment booked to talk through the results. It was an NHS clinic.

Good luck to all x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->