Low amniotic fluids

ab2401

Reaction score
Hello all,

This is my first posting as well as my first pregnancy that has made it this far (5 1/2 months; 22 weeks). We went to the doctor last Tuesday (10/23) for my first belly ultrasound and the sexing of our baby. We found out we are having a little girl and are VERY happy with that, the doctor said ever thing looked good.
The baby weighs 14oz and everything else seems to be fitting right in, the only 2 concerns she did have was that something (vitamin wise) was a little low. I really cant remember because I was a little scatter brained after hearing we where having a girl :cloud9: but she said she was going to put me on an iron supplement to help out with it. I do know how ever that it wasn't iron.
Also she said that the fluid around the baby was a little low, she said that I had an adequate level she would just like there to be more and for me to rest a lot more and to drink a lot of water.
Since then I have been drinking only water.... well maybe once a day I will have a soda with a meal but I don't even come close to drinking 1/2 of it and I have been trying to "rest" more. Now I'm not to sure what "rest more" means..... sitting still, laying down, napping? what?

Has any one else been told what I have and did "resting" and drinking a lot more water help bring up the fluids?

She told us not to worry but I cant help to, pluse the searches I have done on the issue hasn't helped at all.

Sorry to see nobody was able to relate to this I know its not uncommon though.

If it was any more serious I think you'd have been sent to see a consultant however will they be giving you a checkover scan? if no mention I think you should mention it and see if its possible.

:D

Yeah, I was kinda sad no one replyed.
She said that she was going to do another ultrasound when I came back so I guess we will just have to see how things go from there.

:hugs:

Its not personal I think its one of those things girls like to reply to when they know if you get me.

When do you go back?

i hope everything goes well for you==== i would reply but i dont really know anything about amniotic fluid and how much u should have and all that ---but like wobbs said if it was something to worry about they would of told u about it.. and hey you at least have an adequate level like u said--- so she just would feel more comfortable if you had more but its not affecting your baby or u in any way thats harmful--- good luck---keep us posted

Yeah, I go back on the 20th so I guess thats not to long I've been trying to rest and drink a lot of water..... the baby moves a lot so I guess thats a good sign.

Excellent sign :thumpup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"