Low blood sugar and low blood pressure

Dreamer320

Mommy & Preggers <3
Reaction score
Hi girls,

I have been feeling really awful the last few days. Real bad headaches, tightness in my head, foggy brain, kind of nauseous, and really tired. Since my father is diabetic I was able to take my blood sugar over the last 48 hours and it's been low (65-75) , I also went to the store and used a machine to take my blood pressure and it was 98/52 . I know the blood pressure machines at the store aren't always accurate but I am pretty sure it's not too far off.

I go to the doctor tomorrow , thank goodness, so I will bring this up .. I am just a little nervous :/

I tried to look up these conditions online and Im not finding any good info related to pregnancy and how this can possibly affect my baby.

Anyone else dealing with this? What did the doctor do?

Sounds like possible gestational diabetes...Chances are the dr may end up ordering you to do your gluclose test early to find out...hopefully it was just a one time thing and everything is normal when then do your blood pressure tomorrow. Good luck.

I have low blood sugar that is made worse by pregnancy. They insisted on testing me for gd despite this and I passed out due to low sugars during the fast. You don't necessarily have gd, you may just have low blood sugars. The bad news is all you can do is eat small regular meals, there is no treatment for low sugars but it's really important not to skip meals.

If its shown that you have consistant low blood sugar, there is a suppliment type thing i saw at walmart that helps to maintain your sugars. Im not sure if its good, but i just happened to see it the other day. I cant remember the name of it, but next time i go i will take another look. You may just be advised to monitor yourself as if you have diabetes so that you know when your sugars drop. Its such a blessing to have a baby, yet its annoying when it can cause health issues etc.

'Normal' blood sugar volume can be lower in pregnancy, and I think the normal pregnancy range is between 65 and 100, so that wouldn't be classed as low..? I could be wrong as we measure it differently in the UK :)

With regards to your blood pressure, what was your blood pressure at your very first pregnancy appointment this time? That's the closest to your 'non pregnant'/normal blood pressure so that's what it should be compared to with regards to whether a reading is low or high - some people just always have naturally low blood pressure (mine sits at around 100/60 so not too far off yours). Headaches etc are usually more concerning when related to high BP than low BP so try not to worry :)

Just looked up the UK, us equivalent and the highest blood sugar I've ever gad is about 50. So im not sure the range you mentioned is hypoglycemia. If your concerned ask your doctor though especially if you're getting symptoms.

Not sure about the blood sugar, but your blood pressure is nearly identical to what mine consistently is. True it's on the "lower" side, but not necessary bad. I've never had a doctor be concerned about it, since it's consistant at that range. But like a PP said, if that is a big drop from our normal pressure, then I could see why you might be concerned.

Thanks girls!

My normal pressure is usually higher by almost 10 points on both numbers but nothing way off.

I went to the doctor today and my pressure was up to a more normal reading for me. 112/72 I think the nurse said. My doc said my prior readings were on the "low" end of normal but didn't like the symptoms I was having.

He did in fact order me a glucose test, I take it in 4 weeks when I am 26 weeks. I sure hope I pass it.

From what I am told normal blood sugar readings is between 80-120 and I have been 65-75 . Even though it's not way off , again it's the way I'm feeling that the doc is more concerned over.

He thinks it might be due to dehydration ? I feel hydrated but I will definitly up my water intake:dohh:

Well I hope you're feeling better soon, or at least get some answers.

I suffer with low blood pressure even not pregnant I get it. the lowest it's ever been was just after having DS2 it dropped to around 64/46. last time I checked it it was 84/59. I can usually tell when it really drops as I go all fuzzy headed and feel like I need to sit down or i'll pass out. my midwife and doctor isn't doing anything. my midwife is a little concerned about my blood pressure though.

I suffer with low blood pressure even not pregnant I get it. the lowest it's ever been was just after having DS2 it dropped to around 64/46. last time I checked it it was 84/59. I can usually tell when it really drops as I go all fuzzy headed and feel like I need to sit down or i'll pass out. my midwife and doctor isn't doing anything. my midwife is a little concerned about my blood pressure though.

Wow, mine hasn't measured below 90/50 . I hope you get some help !! I can only imagine how awful you must feel when it drops so low, especially knowing how I feel and it's not as low. :hugs:

Yeah my doctor isnt doing much about my situation either. I would think they would be more concerned more because of the scary symptoms.

Wow, mine hasn't measured below 90/50 . I hope you get some help !! I can only imagine how awful you must feel when it drops so low, especially knowing how I feel and it's not as low. :hugs:

Yeah my doctor isnt doing much about my situation either. I would think they would be more concerned more because of the scary symptoms.

it can leave me feeling pretty ill, I usually have low blood pressure so I don't always notice, its usually when it suddenly drops that I do.
I've not had all of the same symptoms as you so I thinks that's why they aren't too concerned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->