Low HCG Level at 4 Weeks 5 Days

lealea.

Reaction score
After a MC in late April, I've been trying to get pregnant the last 2 months and just recently got a positive HPT :happydance:

BUT... I got a slightly concerning call from the doctor today :sad1: I had my blood test done on Saturday (02/04/2016) I would have been 4 weeks and 5 days from LMP at that stage, but my HCG level is only 64 which the doctor said is quite low.. The stats online say at 4 weeks you can be anywhere from 5-426 and anywhere from 18-7340 at 5 weeks, so I suppose I'm not at the very bottom of that range, but I'm still just a little worried after last time, as I was supposed to be roughly 7-8 weeks at the time of my miscarriage, but my HCG and gestation sac size were only consistent with the 4 weeks mark.

I'm scared there's something wrong with my body that won't let me have kids, but I just keep reminding myself that if my body wasn't meant to have babies, I wouldn't be able to conceive so easily and quickly!

I got another blood test today to see if the levels are doubling each day as they're supposed to and will get the results of this tomorrow, will update the thread once I get the result.

Fingers Crossed!!!

Good luck with your results tomorrow :hugs: xxxxxx

Hi All!

Thanks for your kind words of luck and support! I saw the doctor today for my results and my HCG level has more than doubled in 72 hours, which the dr. said is exactly what he wanted to see and that I have nothing to worry about at this stage!!

In light of the good news, he's asked me to hold off until wk 7 for my dating ultrasound so I can hear the heartbeat :)

Look out for another update in 2 weeks time.

Leah x

This happened to me too , i was nearly 4 and a half weeks and HCG was 85 then doubled to 195 two days later then a week later went up to a whopping 2,630 , had scan yesturday when I was 6 weeks and there's baby with a heartbeat :) some just ovulate later then others

Hi All!

Thanks for your kind words of luck and support! I saw the doctor today for my results and my HCG level has more than doubled in 72 hours, which the dr. said is exactly what he wanted to see and that I have nothing to worry about at this stage!!

In light of the good news, he's asked me to hold off until wk 7 for my dating ultrasound so I can hear the heartbeat :)

Look out for another update in 2 weeks time.

Leah x

That's good news, pleased for you. Keep yourself busy and the next 2 weeks should pass pretty quickly :)

when I went to the ER about 2 weeks ago because i was spotting (was more than spotting but not period-like..dark red blood), the doc told me that my levels were too low, too. I was 3 weeks and 6 days I believe and my levels were 125.

My first prenatal appointment is in 2 weeks.
Not sure if I miscarried or not. Spotting stopped. Light morning sickness but nothing else. When I found out that I am pregnant my nippes were a bit sore but not anymore

when I went to the ER about 2 weeks ago because i was spotting (was more than spotting but not period-like..dark red blood), the doc told me that my levels were too low, too. I was 3 weeks and 6 days I believe and my levels were 125.

My first prenatal appointment is in 2 weeks.
Not sure if I miscarried or not. Spotting stopped. Light morning sickness but nothing else. When I found out that I am pregnant my nippes were a bit sore but not anymore

Aww, I really hope it's good news. Fingers and toes are crossed for you!!

Thanks everyone for the kind words!

I'm so relieved - I had been pretty paranoid and checking for bleeding every few hours, after the last MC..

Definitely more relaxed now and just counting down til the 12 week mark to tell all our family and friends.

Looking forward to seeing a heart beat on Monday 18th !!

That's great news. Good luck for your scan xx

Glad everything turned out good for you
Wishing you a happy healthy 9 months ❤️

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"