Low HCG Level?

So a doctor just called (not my doctor) but a doctor from the infertility clinic here. He called because told me he wanted to help me take care of my problem and that my pregnancy was already over. He told me that because my HCG was so low and had only risen by 25% from Friday afternoon to Monday morning that I had no chance of carrying this to term so I should choose to be a part of his study where he will use a computer to decide how he will end this pregnancy for me.

I cannot believe the nerve this guy had. First of all, I'm scheduled for another beta HCG tomorrow to see if maybe it was just a lab error or if it was just a 1 time thing. My previous beta hcgs more than doubled in less than 48 hours. Second of all, he can't confirm that this just isn't a very early pregnancy. I did not track my ovulation with this round of clomid so I could be so much earlier than I think I am.

I am floored at the lack of bed side manner on this doctors part. I am already scared to death about having another miscarriage even though my actual doctor reassured me yesterday to not be worred and this guy practically just told me that there's no hope.

Oh wow JGraefe, sometimes these doctors can be so cold in their bed side manner. If I were you I'd call my dr and let him know how upset I was because I seriously doubt he would order another test if there was absolutely no chance. Furthermore why would you want to have a computer involved in such a decision. I am so pissed for you, sometimes doctors get so detached I wonder if they remember we are humans with actual feelings smt! Praying for you hun-do your bloodwork and go from there & ignore bozo the doctor.

So a doctor just called (not my doctor) but a doctor from the infertility clinic here. He called because told me he wanted to help me take care of my problem and that my pregnancy was already over. He told me that because my HCG was so low and had only risen by 25% from Friday afternoon to Monday morning that I had no chance of carrying this to term so I should choose to be a part of his study where he will use a computer to decide how he will end this pregnancy for me.

I cannot believe the nerve this guy had. First of all, I'm scheduled for another beta HCG tomorrow to see if maybe it was just a lab error or if it was just a 1 time thing. My previous beta hcgs more than doubled in less than 48 hours. Second of all, he can't confirm that this just isn't a very early pregnancy. I did not track my ovulation with this round of clomid so I could be so much earlier than I think I am.

I am floored at the lack of bed side manner on this doctors part. I am already scared to death about having another miscarriage even though my actual doctor reassured me yesterday to not be worred and this guy practically just told me that there's no hope.

Wow...I don't even know what to say....I'd like to pop that guy across the back of his head.

I am so sorry.

Wow, I can't believe the doctor would say that to you! I hope you told him where to shove his computer ;)

Got my results from my 4th beta HCG. They were taken about 41 hours since the last blood test and went up by about 49%. I know the odds are not in my favor but I am remaining hopeful and keeping my fingers crossed that we are just off to a very slow start. I think until my number start declining I won't believe anything is wrong. I also think that between Monday and today I've been under extreme stress what with the rude doctor calling as well as anticipating the blood test and results.

Also, I had an early ultrasound done just to see if any signs of an ectopic could be fine. The lining of my uterus was very thick and right where it should be for as early as I am and we were able to find the corpus luteum. I know none of these things guarantee me a healthy baby but all I can do is hope and pray.

If they have gone up by 49% they have just about doubled. Sounds hopeful. What did they say?
:flower:

Aww, I hope you get good news. Some women do have slow rising HCG so FC you're in that group and everything's okay :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->