Low hcg (update: ER visit, baby seen with heartbeat, but hcg not as expected)

mrspat

Trying to conceive #1
Reaction score
So I caved and went in for a blood test. I was trying to just wait until my 8 week appointment but anxiety got the best of me. Today I am 5+6 but based on a later ovulation I'm closer to 5+4.

My hcg was 1502. It seems so low. It's in range but it's at the very very bottom of the range. Has anyone else had this?

I know the true way to know is by how it's increasing. I won't go in for another test until next week.

Added chart:

3 weeks LMP: 5 – 50 mIU/ml
4 weeks LMP: 5 – 426 mIU/ml
5 weeks LMP: 18 – 7,340 mIU/ml
6 weeks LMP: 1,080 – 56,500 mIU/ml
7 – 8 weeks LMP: 7, 650 – 229,000 mIU/ml

I was doing some reading and I thought my hcg was super high. I had it tested on 5w3d and 5w5d. My first draw was over 13k my second was over 24k. I read on line that most people were getting levels under 3k. But my doctor said my levels were fine, and rising fine. So I have no idea what is "normal".

That does seem a little low, but as they always say, every pregnancy is different. You can't really judge too much off of just 1 test. You would need to get at least 1 more test to see how it is increasing.

MsPat - If your Dr feels your numbers are fine then don't worry ... BUT I know how you feel- I was nervous with all of my pregnancies- but that is normal your numbers - My last pregnancy was SOOO high I thought for sure I was having twins again but I wasn't - it was in the normal range but super high. same as symptoms - one moment we may feel all these symptoms and the next day it may feel like they are not there. There really is no way to know about a "progession" unless they keep drawing your blood for your numbers. Were there any concerns that are making you feel uneasy - in particular?
We are def here to support you luv- but I want you to know that those numbers sound good for 5 + wks. xxoxo

I think it's because I was feeling more ill last week. I had more nausea. And it's not there as much this week. It's mostly just been food aversions. I am still really fatigued and now I'm really bloaty but I think because I got my bfp on 9dpo, now that I'm 25dpo I expected that after over two weeks to feel more pregnant.

When the nurse called she sounded very positive and said that the level is consistent with early pregnancy and they would only be concerned if it were under 1000. I'll go back in next week. I think I feel so clueless because I've never been through this before.

Thanks for the support. Every response helps. It all really helps. DH is so positive and isn't even a smidge worried. I'll be leaning on him for sure. Trying to keep chin up and hope for the best :)

Looking at that chart it puts you in 5-6 wks- and trust me the symptoms will come and go- especially the food aversions. one minute you will feel like you can take on the world and then there are times when you say I just need a 15 min nap and then wake up and its the next day. LMBO--- Oh my Gosh - just wait until that happens--- I hated that- I would go to take a nap at like 3 in the afternoon and would wake up the next day- I kid you not. Most important thing right now is rest and relax.

And there's nothing wrong with worry here and there - it lets you know you are attached to your baby - which is completely normal and loving says you care - your a mommy!!!! <3 xoxox

And there's nothing wrong with worry here and there - it lets you know you are attached to your baby - which is completely normal and loving says you care - your a mommy!!!! <3 xoxox

Jaycrew, you are seriously the best. :hugs:

Tests still staying dark. Don't feel any different. Just the waiting game.

Tomorrow's the day I go back in to see if my levels have gone up. It will have been 5 days so I will know for sure. Fingers crossed for me please!

Woke up in the middle of the night with mild cramps. Got all worked up and panicky. I was overtired and that really didn't help either. Had DH call ambulance. Got to ER. All my bloodwork came back fine and from Wednesday to Saturday my hcg went from 1501 to 2180. Not exactly a huge jump. Ultrasound dated the baby at 6w 2days. One live uterine pregnancy and they saw a flutter.

So even though my hcg isn't rising that fast, it's obviously been enough to grow an embryo that is right on target (based on ovulation I should be 6+1).

Doc said my cervix was completed closed and high up. He didn't see any blood, but I did have some light spotting while there in the bathroom. Back home and still just feeling crampy and uncomfortable, but nothing really painful.

Trying to process it all. Now I have to be off to work when I was at the ER from 12a to 5a :( I'll be calling my OB when they open.

Woke up in the middle of the night with mild cramps. Got all worked up and panicky. I was overtired and that really didn't help either. Had DH call ambulance. Got to ER. All my bloodwork came back fine and from Wednesday to Saturday my hcg went from 1501 to 2180. Not exactly a huge jump. Ultrasound dated the baby at 6w 2days. One live uterine pregnancy and they saw a flutter.

So even though my hcg isn't rising that fast, it's obviously been enough to grow an embryo that is right on target (based on ovulation I should be 6+1).

Doc said my cervix was completed closed and high up. He didn't see any blood, but I did have some light spotting while there in the bathroom. Back home and still just feeling crampy and uncomfortable, but nothing really painful.

Trying to process it all. Now I have to be off to work when I was at the ER from 12a to 5a :( I'll be calling my OB when they open.

Glad to hear baby is growing fine :happydance:

You do sound tired though so hope some rest will help to ease your mind now.

Doctors office called. They read the report and it said they saw a heartbeat at 120 bpm. As should be expected. They think it's very strange that the baby is measuring on track even though my hcg isn't rising as expected. They have me set for another scan in three days to see if baby is continuing to progress. This will be the longest three days of my life. So happy there was a HB though.

Good luck - hope your next scan goes well! Fx for you.

Glad all is going well and you seen the hb. Will check back to see your update. Good luck xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->