Low HCG, very worried

TinyLynne

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I had an early mc in December (on my husbands bday) and we found out we are finally expecting again on Tuesday. Had blood drawn Wednesday, 12 DPO, only a 10, no bleeding or spotting, but they told me that they don't think it is viable. Getting blood drawn again today, won't know results til Monday. I am having a hard time keeping my hopes up because I got so hurt last time. They said my progesterone was a 7 and fine, I thought that sounded pretty low... Anyone been through any of this?

It's not the number that's important hun, it's weather it doubles as it should in the time frame. Not sure why a doctor would say it isn't viable with that number before your missed AF, especially before repeat bloods to see how levels are rising. I didn't get my Bfp till 15dpo and that was a squinter on a first response. So my numbers would have been below yours. Even at 5 weeks My numbers were still really low but my fertility consultant didn't even worry then. If it were me I would take what the doctor said with a pinch of salt as honestly that's no indication of a failing pregnancy. Most women don't even get a bfp till well past 12dpo. Good luck hun and congratulations!

Thank you so much Maryanne. I really need a new OB, I tried explaining that to them but she said "it should be in the thousands" they just really aren't listening.

My numbers were only 1046 at almost 6 weeks lol!! And I'm 22 weeks now. I'm so sorry your doctor has scared you. I've read on here so many doctors doing the same thing and it's really not fair to scare women into thinking they are heading for a loss. Honestly try not to worry yourself too much. Sure all is fine :)

I agree, how would it be in the thousands your only just pregnant! 😂 mine was only at 131 at 3weeks+6. You could have only just implanted stupid doctors. Naughty! It's not the numbers totally agree with the pp it just needs to double or at least go up by 60%. Good luck Hun x

Thank you so much Maryanne. I really need a new OB, I tried explaining that to them but she said "it should be in the thousands" they just really aren't listening.

At 12 DPO??
Yeah. You need a new OB because that one doesn't know what they're talking about.
To be honest, your progesterone does sound low but I'm not sure what would be a normal number that early. At 17DPO mine was 12.9 and I was started in progesterone supplements. They said technically anything over 5 was viable but he liked to see it over 12. My second draw, my hcg more than doubled but progesterone slipped to 11. So I was glad I was supplementing.

Thank you everyone for all of your support. I guess I will just have to wait to see on Monday how things will turn out. Obviously I would have liked it to be higher, but their attitude is really what has me most worried. I really hope everything goes well.

Maryanne out of curiosity what was your hcg at 5 weeks? Mine was really low (115) and I'd really love some encouragement from others who have had low hcg and turned out well :flower:
I'm getting them checked again At 6 weeks and hoping they'll be above 1000

What a strange thing for your doctor to say. In the thousands at 10dpo?! Baseline hCG in non-pregnant women is usually between 1 and 5. With implantation happening on 8dpo (which I believe is the average?) then a hCG level of 10 at 10dpo is very normal based on doubling times every 48 hours.

I wouldn't worry until you get your next blood draw and I too would be trying to find another doctor. How unprofessional to make you worry with false information.

I hope your next blood analysis goes well and the number has at least doubled for you.

Thanks for all of your support everyone. I did start bleeding, so it was no surprise when I learned that it dropped to a 5 as another chemical pregnancy. I am going to get a new OB however, I was disappointed in how this was handled from the very beginning, even before the first blood draw. Thanks again ladies.

I'm so sorry. Hopefully you will have a better time with a new OB and I'm
Sure you will get your rainbow very soon. Hugs.

And Ndh sorry only just noticed your question. First draw I had at 5 weeks my levels were really low, 96. Try not to let them worry you too much. Low numbers arent always a bad sign. Will keep my fingers crossed for you.

So sorry Tiny :(

Thanks Maryanne I hope it all turns out fine for me too :) my Dr didn't think it looked promising and didnt even schedule any more bloodwork or anything :growlmad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->