Low lying placenta

donnarobinson

Mommy Of 3 Boys
Reaction score
Hi girls I'm popping in from second tri
I had my 20 week scan Monday all was fine I have a anterior low lying placenta ive got a scan booked for 34 weeks to check its moved up
But this morning I woke up bleeding I've been to hospital and they checked me out baby is fine checked heartbeat and cervix is stop closed and far back
They said it will most likely to do with the placenta has anyone had this I've never bleed before in any pregnancy so am a bit worried x

I had a low lying placenta but it has moved, I never got told that I might bleed and I been lucky not to but have read that it can be common for women to bleed who have low placentas

Glad all was ok

oh god, hope all is ok and do you don't have any more bleeding, try and take it easy, I know its not easy with 2 little ones, just rest when you can xx

I had this with my second pregnancy. I had complete placenta precisely so the placenta covered my cervix completely. It was days before my 20 weeksl scan and I had a huge bleed. Like a heavy heavy period. Luckily went to hospital and everything was perfect with my son. Stayed in the hospital for 4 days. Just got told to take it easy and of course if it happened again to go straight back to the hospital. I never had another bleed. At 28 weeks I had a scan that showed the placenta had moved further up so I was ok but when I went to the hospital at 37 weeks it had moved back over my cervix so I had to have a csection. The nurse told me it probably had never moved in the first place but I know it did. The sonographer told me at 28 weeks and my doc confirmed. It did scare me when the bleed happened I'm just thankful everything came out okay. While I had hoped to deliver naturally and this made it impossible, my little man was delivered safe and healthy and at the end of the day that's what matters

Whoops I meant complete placenta previa...damn auto correct lol

Thanks Steph I'm trying to rest :) aww bless u Hun thanks for sharing I hope I don't bleed again it terrified me x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->