Low Morphology (25%)?

wantbump

Reaction score
Hubby had an SA test done. Volume and motility were both above the cut-off criteria and thus fine.
But the morphology was highlighted LOW with 25% whereas the cut-off criteria was 30%. What does this mean?

The more I'm searching online people are talking about 1%-5% morphology . I can figure there are two measurement system: Krueger and WHO.
I am not sure which one was done for hubby since my doctor didn't say anything. Anyone knows what this 25% mean?

I'm not positive about the 25%, I've only heard of low morphology in the lower terms. My dh has a 1% morphology, which basically makes him infertile. (Although we still managed to have a natural pregancy!) I would say 25% would possibly give you a little trouble, but you still have a good chance at conceiving naturally, based on my experience.

Our urologist said that morphology only really means that it isn't the right shape, it if gets to egg at the right place at the right time you are fine. 25% isn't unheard of achieving natural pregnancy.

Thank you ladies. I was so down after getitng the news but searching the internet helped quite a bit. Even my doctor told me what we are facing is male infertility and there's no problem at my end - even though I had a laproscopy done previously for endometriosis. Thanks for the hope ladies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->