Low Ovarian (Egg) Reserve

Lyric716

Reaction score
Hi Ladies

Just got back from the fertility clinic and was told that I am in the low category for my egg reserve at 7.1 and it should be above 15. I am 37 years old and have had two natural pregnancies before, has anyone else had this AMH test done? I'm a little freaked out as my Doc wants to put me on Gonal f

Thanks

Hi Ladies

Just got back from the fertility clinic and was told that I am in the low category for my egg reserve at 7.1 and it should be above 15. I am 37 years old and have had two natural pregnancies before, has anyone else had this AMH test done? I'm a little freaked out as my Doc wants to put me on Gonal f

Thanks

Hi Lyric, no I'm afraid haven't - yet - due to get a blood test with AMH testing on Monday, so will tell you when the results are back! GL... I know others here are on Gonal F, they might be able to tell you more :thumbup:

Hi Lyric, didn't want to read and run but I don't know anything about Gonal F either but I know other ladies are taking it..hopefully they'll be able to help

There was a thread not too long ago discussing AMH. All told, it's not an end-all, but there's still things you can do to help the eggs you do have left. I'm not more help than that, but def do the search on here!

Also:hugs: for your loss!

Hi ladies

Thanks for the replies. I will look for the Gonal threads for sure, I know that it can pump out more then one egg so the spermies have more then one target LOL. I just wonder when enough will be enough. Life can really throw us some real crap eh ladies?!?!? I'm glad I have other wonderful woman here to talk to

Thanks again

Hi ladies

Thanks for the replies. I will look for the Gonal threads for sure, I know that it can pump out more then one egg so the spermies have more then one target LOL. I just wonder when enough will be enough. Life can really throw us some real crap eh ladies?!?!? I'm glad I have other wonderful woman here to talk to

Thanks again

You said it, life can be hard on us. But it does also give us fantastic things.
Dont know much about GonalF sorry. Just wanted to wish you all the best, and hey if you say that maybe 1egg could be released for the spermies... maybe you could ebd up with twins! :) keep us updated on how you do.

I too have that diagnosis. And am wondering what are my options? Is it still possible to even conceive with diminished ovarian reserve? What treatments are available?

Hey babz4me.

My Fertility Doc told me that the best course of action will be Gonal F injections to boost the amount of eggs so there is a better chance of those spermies hitting a target LOL. I have also been diagnosed with a bacteria called Mycoplasma and can`t start TTC until it goes away (if it goes away) I`m on my second round of Antibiotics so I`m hoping this will be the meds that gets rid of it.

What was your AMH number

Talk to you soon

I am about to turn 34 and my AMH is 0.26 ng/l or 1.86 pmol/l, which is below terrible for someone my age, or anyone who is not pretty much entering their menopause. I would assume your value of 7 is in pmol/l.

It's bad, but it isn't the end of the wrold, they say. Here in the US, I hear the clinics are not too happy dealing with low reserve women and they usually suggest donation right away. In my home country, you'd be entering an almost neverending circle of IVFs of all sorts. Low reserve women usually react poorly to stimulations (menopur, gonal, etc) and it's even considered to be a waste of already low reserves.

I have no idea which route we will be taking - other than the AMH value, my other hormones are fine and my cycles seem regular and ovulatory. I am still in the middle of the diagnostic process.

I was diagnosed with low AMH(0.6!). The doctors wouldnt even put me on any drugs as they said there was no point. However I conceived naturally that very month!.
One good bit of information I was given was that you ovulate at odd times when you have low AMH/early menopause so try to have intercourse as much as possible throughout the whole month(daily or every other day) not just days 13/14 ish.
When I conceived it must have been just after my period according to my scan dating not in the middle of a cycle.
Good luck!

I ovulate regularly on day 13 (confirmed by progesterone, basal temperature, CM and OKPs). What was your 0.6 measurement unit? ng/ml or pmol/l?

Sorry,no idea!. I will see if I can find the letter. I was told I was pretty much off the bottom of the scale though!
Also I was told you can ovulate twice in a cycle.

You can, and it sometimes happens towards the end of one's reproductive cycle. That is why the rate of twins in older moms is higher. It might even be one of the reasons my reserves are so low - I used to have weird periods.

Which country are you from? If it's the US, then the unit is more than likely ng/ml.

My doctor suspects my ovarian reserve may be low too, though when he did a vaginal ultrasound he saw 3 follicles forming all on my own (no meds) so here's hoping. We are going to do another FSH test in a few weeks if I don't get pregnant this month and then an HSG test. He said if he confirms low reserve he then wants to put me on DHEA for a few cycles and then maybe discuss IVF. I know nothing about DHEA but I know I can't afford IVF so I am hoping if I need DHEA it's a miracle worker LOL!

My AMH dropped also in the last year. Still in range for my age but on the low end. I am doing IVF now and taking Gonal-F for it. It really is no big deal to do.

If I could only get rid of this Mycoplasma bacteria so I could start trying again...nothing worse then not being able to try. Three more weeks of meds, and I pray that when I retest it's gone.

I wish someone would actually test me for various bacteria. I hate hate hate hate hate the US healthcare, but unfortunately I can't just afford to go back home every time I need something.

My AMH test come back at 0.3 and a couple of months after that i concieved my first, and when he was 9 months old i concieved my 2nd!!

Here's hoping for miracle number 3!!:happydance:

Hm, I actually don't know if the UK uses ng/ml or pmol/l.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->