low placenta ?

starryeye31

2nd tri ~Its A Boy ~
Reaction score
so tonight I ended up in the hospital . I was trying to move my dogs house , I figured if I drug it it would be ok , well I felt something like a pulled muscle
so I stopped dragging it and had my kids do it , about a half hr later I went to the bathroom and noticed I had some brown blood , not much but enough to freak me out , so I go to ER and they did an ultra sound , baby looks great and was moving around like crazy , heart rate is 172 bpm but my placenta is laying low , I asked the doc what it ment and he said just that I would have to have a c-section , he acted as if it was really no big deal , told me no sex and not to lift anything over 10 lbs , but when the nurse came in with the discharge papers it said possible m/c , so I told the nurse go ask the doc whats up , the doc said they have to put that on there because there is a small chance it can cause a m/c , so now im freaked out :(

Thats awfull! Doctors always seem to leave you hanging and its soo scary! I would go to the GP to put my mind at ease! But look I think you will be fine as bubs was moving and had a good heart rate!! :happydance: Maybe on the papers it only said that because thats what you originally came in for with the brown blood but not what actually happened... Like I went in with a suspected broken rib which wasnt broken but on my discharge paper it still said suspected broken rib...am i even making sense>?lol sorry to babble on lolz :happydance:

Thats awfull hunny. I had a low laying placenta when i was pg with my son but i was fortunate enough that as my uterus grew it moved up and away from the cervix and i had a normal delivery. I hate how some docs just blurt stuff out and don't expect you to be alarmed by it all tut tut

aww try not to worry too much chick ur doc would have advised you to rest etc if there was great chance of m.c x

I wouldnt pani if i were you, lots of women have low lying placenta's (inculding me) and go on to have no problems at all during their pregnancies. You do just have to keep out for obvious signs of trouble, bleeing etc.

The majority are out the way be the time birth comes along, so you should be rescanned later on in prengnavy to check, if its out of the way then i cant see why they wouldnt let you deliver naturally.

I found out I had a low-lying placenta a couple of days ago and at first I was a bit freaked out too. I posted a thread on here and spoke to the MW about it. Apparently the vast majority move up and out of the way long before the birth and my MW said it was really common. I was the third person she'd seen that day with one. She said there was absolutely nothing to worry about - the only thing is that there is about a 1 in 10 chance that I'll need a c-section. And I need to have another scan at 35 weeks to see if the placenta has moved.

I'd try to make an appointment with your MW or GP to help put your mind at rest. Every case is different but my MW said that it was normal. Try not to worry to much.

Good luck
x

So Sorry doctor worried you like that hun .
Its not untill after 20 weeks they start to re scan because of a low lying placenta , He should of told you as yoru still very early theres like a 90% chance your placenta will move up out of the way :) .
If and its a small chance that its still there after 34 weeks they will discuss a planned c section hun .
I went for scan last week witha low lying placenta and im 19 weeks i freaked and the sonographer said it will probably move , So im trying to stay positive untill my next scan on Wedensday . But yes that could be a good explanation for bleeding as a low lying placenta can cause some blood loss hun .
Try not to worry hun Doctors can be so un caring and silly at times. Good luck . xxxxx .

Thanks everyone , Im feeling alot less panicky now , I have read alot about it online , and even read that the bleeding could be from a broken blood vessle . I already have to have a c-section anyway , and that thought does not scare me as Id rather have one then have a natural birth, my son was born at 28 weeks due to placenta previa , I was bleeding too bad to stop it but my doc and I were not aware that I had this problem untill it happened right then , My son is now almost 12 and fine , I now go to a way better doc in the city . so in the mean time I am putting myself on bedrest I told dh Im not moving out of this bed for the next 3 months at least . the doc I seen last night had made everything sound ok its just the papers that had said possible m/c and the nurse pointed it out it scared me , but honestly they didnt even know how very little I was bleeding , they never did anything other then an ultrasound , no pelvic or anything , and there was not even any blood an the ultrasound wand , it was only a very little brown spotting . I guess its just standard when a pregnant woman comes in and says she is bleeding early in pregnancy they have to put that possibe m/c on the discharge papers , thats what they said anyway . :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->