Low progesterone tests, is it all over for me??

i got my blood results today and have found this thread interesting, my result was 35 so i was feeling a bit worried.
While im waiting for apointment is there anything i can do to boost progesterone levels?

35 is acceptable as anything over 30 indecates ovulation...

mine was 0.9 last time now thats low hehe

I don't really want to mess around with progesterone supplements as it may affect my test results when I do finally get a fs appointment. It is just so frustrating being stuck in limbo with a broken body and nothing I can do about it myself.

i agree with u hun when i found out that low progesterone was to blame it took me 8 weeks to be seen by my gyno again and as u said being stuck in limbo however even tho my progesterone levels were low i was still taking the norethisterone ... i saw a diff gp to get this perscribed as after having to AF for nearly 7 months i needed summat ... i take norethisterone from cd16 to 26 and it forces AF ....

they say the main cause of low progesterone is down to not ovulating that cycle ...

when we ovulate progesterone is made to support the egg through to when it implants ... we have AF as a result of non implantation as this causes drop in progesterone levels ...

are you charting your cycles? xx

xkissyx I am charting my temps and on every month I have temped (6 or 7) FF has me down as ovulating between CD15 and CD17. I get a temp shift after ovulation, it may be a little bit up and down but it is a temp shift nontheless and my period arrives dead on time every month after a 13/14 day luteal phase. I never get spotting during my cycle. All of these things lead me to believe that I am infact ovulating and that I'm just not producing enough progesterone to sustain a pregnancy, but that is just my theory.

I have had a phone call from the dr's surgery today. The locum I saw last week put in a referral form for me to be seen by a fs, and apparently the head doctor at the practice has overruled his decision due to "not enough information to go on for a referral" and would like to see me on Friday morning to discuss having further investigations before being referred on. I'm gutted now as this may hold the process up even longer. GRRRR!

xkissyx I am charting my temps and on every month I have temped (6 or 7) FF has me down as ovulating between CD15 and CD17. I get a temp shift after ovulation, it may be a little bit up and down but it is a temp shift nontheless and my period arrives dead on time every month after a 13/14 day luteal phase. I never get spotting during my cycle. All of these things lead me to believe that I am infact ovulating and that I'm just not producing enough progesterone to sustain a pregnancy, but that is just my theory.

I have had a phone call from the dr's surgery today. The locum I saw last week put in a referral form for me to be seen by a fs, and apparently the head doctor at the practice has overruled his decision due to "not enough information to go on for a referral" and would like to see me on Friday morning to discuss having further investigations before being referred on. I'm gutted now as this may hold the process up even longer. GRRRR!

that is so frustrating that they making you go back to the docs , hope they not going to mess you around x

Just a little update. I have been referred to a fs and in the meantime have to have a routine smear test and an HSG to see if my tubes are clear. Have been told if my tubes are clear I will probably be prescribed clomid to help me ovulate.

Sorry to butt in, but I thought I would let you know my results. When I did the test with my twins I only got 40, which considering there were two babies and corpus luteums may be viewed as low. I went to see the consultant another month and my levels were only 22, but she wasnt concerned about this and showed me on a scan that I had ovulated. xxx

I've had enough now :(

Referral has been sent back as apparently we haven't had enough tests done by gp so DH has been asked to do another SA (even though the first one was all ok) and I have to have bloods done to check my rubella status. I have no idea why checking my rubella status has any bearing on investigating why I am having trouble conceiving. These are just delaying tactics. Have been told my HSG may not be done for another 6 weeks now and the earliest DH can have a SA is 16th March so this is delaying us from that referral even longer. I can't take much more. In the meantime we are expected to carry on ttc even though it is highly unlikely I am ovulating.At this rate it could be summer before we get to see a FS and Christmas before we get clomid. I could scream!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->