Low progesterone tips/success stories please? Desperately need some positivity :(

oxfairycakexo

Reaction score
Just as the title states really.. i've been diagnosed with low progesterone (bloods always come back under 5) and am waiting for scan to check for anything else.

Took agnus castus and progest for one cycle and blood work did creep up to 7, then shot back down to 2 the next cycle!

Stopped them and have been taking well woman with a vit b6 along side it but again didn't work this cycle..

Lost count of chemical pregnancies over the last 14 months, doctor not bothered about them as by time i get bloods done my hcg is back under 2.

Just feel like i'm hitting a wall constantly.. and now to make things more awkward my doctor is refusing to do anymore progesterone tests because they're all coming back low, so even though i'm trying different things i haven't a clue if they work since i don't know my progesterone levels !!

Thought this may have been the month we got our bfp, been feeling really positive about things but i'm about 9dpo now and i keep getting bfn's.. so looks like it's on to the next cycle!

Anyone have any success stories from having low progesterone please? what did you do/take that helped increase levels like.. ALOT?? Thanks xx

Although I can't give you any low progesterone tips or advice, I just want to send you hugs and encourage you not to give up! :hugs:

:dust:

You should try vitex. It helps level out those hormones but I think it takes about 6 months to get into your system. My DR gave me progesterone to take only after I get a BFP and since I have to take CD 21 bloods this month I will listen lol. But if I don't get pregnant this cycle I will take progesterone starting at 3dpo next time.

i think vitex is agnus castus.. maybe i didn't take it for long enough? i have to wait for my scan then go back to the doctor and then see if she will refer me to a consultant for progesterone etc. it sucks! i just poster an answer test over in the pregnancy test gallery, think i probably have line eye... but i'm clutching at straws right now! lol x

Low progesterone usually means poor egg quality because the egg doesn't have a solid corpus luteum to support it.
you could try fertility drugs to help you produce a better egg that will produce more progesterone in the 2ww or the other option is to start progesterone supplement in the 2ww. if you get a BFP you should take the progesterone until about 12 weeks.

What about clomid to get progesterone up? Mine was low and last month day 21 was 50!!! Then after you ovulate then maybe take Provera or something to keep progesterone up for successful pregnancy? Just an option

Clomid works well at raising progesterone in the 2ww, on my natural ovulation cycles my progesterone level on cd 21 is around 20 on clomid it was 56.

Clomid works well at raising progesterone in the 2ww, on my natural ovulation cycles my progesterone level on cd 21 is around 20 on clomid it was 56.

20?!?! am I missing something or is my progesterone almost non existant with a 0.63??

20?!?! am I missing something or is my progesterone almost non existant with a 0.63??

Your CD 21 ( or 7 days past ovulation) progesterone level should be above 10 to show a decent ovulation occurred, in pregnancy it should be 20 or more.

I took soy this past cycle for the first time and I got EWCM for 4 days (never usually get any at all), the most obviously positive OPK (never usually even gets as dark as the control line, this was wayyyy darker), felt ovulation cramps, and had very high temps post-o and my luteal phase was 13 dpo with NO spotting (usually I have an 11 day LP with some spotting around 9dpo till AF shows). Also, not only did I have very high post-o temps, but after I ovulated, the temp spike was very obvious. Some cycles I had a hard time telling if it went up enough (especially from 2-3 dpo, those temps were sometimes really weak).

Anyways, I always assumed my progesterone could use a boost. I don't know what my actual numbers were though. However, I could tell I had a much stronger O with lots of progesterone (symptoms during 2ww were way more obvious too!). It's like Clomid except you can buy it at Walmart :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->