Low Sex Drive

PerthLady91

Mummy of two and TTC
Reaction score
I always heard stories about pregnant women wanting sex all the time and having a really high sex drive... my husband found this particularly interesting...

However, since getting pregnant and specifically as time has gone on, I am just completely uninterested in doing it at all! I can't be bothered, I don't feel sexy, I get uncomfortable and sore regardless of what position we use and to be quite honest would be happier just going to sleep most of the time!!

Anyone else had this and have any tips on how to keep things alive a bit? I have 10.5 weeks left until due date and obviously there is a gap after birth until we can do it again so feel I should make the effort now! Lol

xx

Wish I be of much help. I too have a low to none existent sex drive. It's been months since oh and I had sex. And it's very uncomfortable for me. So when I can, I just try to concentrate on pleasing him. Maybe you can try that?

Sorry no help but you aren't alone. I just don't want to and haven't!

I know what u are really going through.
It used to happen to me btn 4 months to 6 months.
I ended up watching blue movies which helped to turn me on.

When I turned 7 months, I had afriend who went in labour but dilated only upto 5cm and got stuck there. She was induced, got alot of painful contractions but no progress with cervix so finally she was operated.

I asked about the cause of that and mw said 80% cases of cervix failure is common in single mothers, meaning having sex helps alot in preparing for birth especially when it comes to softening cervix for dilation.

From the time I forced myself to resume intercouse with oh and ended up getting feelings back because I donot want to go through what I saw.

Good luck lady.

I feel the same but have also been told no sex till now pretty much im waiting a few more days in case it puts me in labour so last night oh and I cuddled as we have not done a lots of that, did soft touches and kissing and all of a sudden i felt like it for the first time in weeks but still waiting..

I can't say my drive is non existent, but not where it was. I find if I tell oh in the morning before work that tonight's the night and I gear myself up during the day it is more enjoyable. Also for us the best position so I am not in pain is laying on my side with him on his knees (sorry if there's a term or it I don't know it...) then baby has tons of room, he's not thinking about there being a baby, and I am not in pain.

Thanks ladies the advice helps! I have found mornings/afternoons better as I am not as shattered and generally manage once every 10-14 days for intercourse and focus on him 2-3 times a week if we are both in bed at the same time (I've been heading to bed around 9-10pm whereas he doesn't come up until like midnight) so will just need to keep plodding along I think. I do want to try and increase it a little as I am extremely concerned about the lack of activity down there and the effect that will have on labour (I am terrified of tearing!)

Thanks again :)
xxx

I feel the same but have also been told no sex till now pretty much im waiting a few more days in case it puts me in labour so last night oh and I cuddled as we have not done a lots of that, did soft touches and kissing and all of a sudden i felt like it for the first time in weeks but still waiting..

You see, this is what I like, cuddles! But if we do he always sees it as a green light that he might get more, so we don't even do that. It's really not good!

You see, this is what I like, cuddles! But if we do he always sees it as a green light that he might get more, so we don't even do that. It's really not good!

My hubby is the same!! Cuddles always tries to become something else!! Lol

Feel so much better knowing I'm not the only one! Every day that has passed I have hoped that I would find it would just come back, but nothing. Everything you have all said ressinates with whet is going on with me and the OH. I wish there was an expectant dads version of this so he could see we are not the only couple with no nookie at the moment!
I'm sure we will all be too shattered to do anything when we all get our mojos back, hehe xx

Your not alone, we've DTD around 3-4 times the whole prefnancy and I'm 36wks. No interest. Don't fancy doing it while can feel baby moving! Xx

Lol, he tried to initiate the other night and I was watching vampire diaries in bed. Erm, not guna happen! :p

I know exactly how you feel. I haven't done anything in almost 3 weeks, its so uncomfortable for me and makes me have intense contractions! I'm trying to hold off til 36 weeks, then I'll try and rev up my sex engine, plus sperm helps put you into labor when the time comes, so I'll wait till about 36-37 weeks and have at it, especially since there will be no action for at least 6 weeks after birth!

We were told at 18 weeks that we cant dtd anymore so he just knows not to try and is looking forward to the night I want to try and bring on labour lol

Your not alone, we've DTD around 3-4 times the whole prefnancy and I'm 36wks. No interest. Don't fancy doing it while can feel baby moving! Xx

totally on the same boat. used to do it a lot but once i could feel the baby move it stopped. that was around christmas, haha!! it's so weird when you can feel baby moving, it's freaky.

I think there is hope ladies. I literally had no sex drive, full stop. Would only do it once every 2-3 weeks and then all of a sudden I got to 35 weeks and wowzers its back with a vengence and we have done it 3 times in 2 days!

I hope you all find the mojo again soon :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->