Low sperm motility...what to think?

wanderess

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm new here and feeling sad and overwhelmed. After trying for a while with no success, I insisted my husband and I have some tests. He did his SA yesterday and we thought we were going to be waiting a week or two, only to get a call today that he has very low sperm motility (6%). It was done through our primary care doctor, so we have to take the test results to my OBGYN, which isn't for a couple of weeks. Everything we're reading online is sounding pretty grim, like getting pregnant naturally isn't going to be an option. I don't see how we could ever afford IVF (we both have lots of student loan debt) so this is really something we weren't prepared to hear.

I'm trying not to overreact and get too emotional when we haven't even seen a doctor yet, but also don't want to get my hopes up that this was just an anomaly. Has anyone been through this and have any perspective to offer? He's been taking some extra vitamins and supplements but not for the required amount of time for it to affect sperm yet, and we ordered FertilAid and Motility Boost. I'm just so distressed that we know this and can't get in to a doctor for a few more weeks, as it's hard to know what to think or how to feel. I'm such a type A person - I want a game plan and I want to know what my options are and what doctors think about this!!! If I thought the two week wait was bad...waiting for this appointment is going to be torture.

I haven't any experience of this but just wanted to send some comfort :flower:

I hope you get some positive news and options when you have the next appt.

Try to focus on being healthy and happy and taking all your vitamins and I'm sure some how you'll get the BFP you deserve. :baby:

xxxxx

I know this is an old post, but what happened?

We are going through this now. My dh has low sperm count and extremely low motility. My obgyn said there's a chance we can conceive but will be difficult and will need to see an RE as she can no longer help us.

So my experience with DH'S motility was so brutal (but it has a happy ending! He has about 11 percent motility, we tried to conceive for 15 months, had 3 failed iuis...finally we couldn't take it anymore and did ivf. I wish we had done it a long time ago cuz we got our bfp on the first ivf cycle! If u can afford it I would highly recommend going straight to ivf with such low motility. We could've saved ourselves 15 months of heartbreak

So my experience with DH'S motility was so brutal (but it has a happy ending! He has about 11 percent motility, we tried to conceive for 15 months, had 3 failed iuis...finally we couldn't take it anymore and did ivf. I wish we had done it a long time ago cuz we got our bfp on the first ivf cycle! If u can afford it I would highly recommend going straight to ivf with such low motility. We could've saved ourselves 15 months of heartbreak

I am glad it was successful! I'm worried ivf is our only option, but I am willing to do anything to have his child. He has an appt to see a urologist mid Nov. The RE office said he should go there first, then see what he suggests and call back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->