low supply - help

xcmkx84

Angel and a Rainbow
Reaction score
My LO is 14 weeks, at the beginning I found it too painful so was using Nipple shields to begin with. Eventually after 12 weeks I managed to get rid of them and really started to enjoy bf. Now this week I just don't seem to be producing enough milk. Lo latches on but keeps coming off, she sucks but it is as though nothing is coming out and then she gets herself into a right state, crying uncontrollably. My breasts don't seem to be as full anymore. Today I had to give in and give her formula. I am so disenhearted (Nothing against formula, my 1st LO wasn't bf).

I there anything I can do to increase my flow (in the uk)? I tried to express, but again I'm getting nothing!

Could just be a growth spurt/your supply settling down. By 14 weeks I wasn't really getting much pumping, either. What's her diaper output like?

During the day when I feed I try and pump aswell, a complete logistics nightmare but it seems to have increased my supply abit... Xxxxx

I hope so, really don't want to give up. She has plenty of wet Nappies but only has a few dirty Nappies a week

Thanks dawnyybus I might try a persevere with pumping in the hope it will do something lol

The diaper count seems good for a breast fed baby... Dirty diapers decrease with age normally if having breast milk. If she nurses for as long as she likes will she eventually be satisfied? I agree, could just be a growth spurt. Maybe see a lactation consultant if concerned?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->