Lozzys wedding journal.

Have you thought/looked at Grinkle Park, it's over the moors on the way to Whitby. Not sure whether it would be too far for you?

https://www.classiclodges.co.uk/Grinkle_Park_Hotel_Cleveland/Weddings/

If you don't mind getting married out of season, you can get a great deal.

We got married there in 2010 at the end of March. It cost £2010 for Venue for the ceremony, wedding breakfast for up to 60 people (proper sit down 3 course meal) and a hot & cold buffet on the night for upto 100 people & a stay in the bridal suite.

I definately reccomend the place. The service was excellent.

I dont know what to do and its all OH's fault. We cant save an awfull lot of money about 200/300 a month max and i dunno if we are getting any from parents. OH has said we can try for another baby once were married. We could probably get married spring 2014 if we keep it downgraded but i dont think i want that but i also dont want to wait another 2/3 years for another baby. I dont want anything grand and posh but i dont just want a buffet in a pub reception room. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

:hugs: I remember this stage. We are TTC after the wedding too but in our case I let my head rule over my heart. The deciding factor was wanting our DD to be old enough to enjoy the day too. So we decided that we'd wait until she was 3-4 :thumbup: For the budget side of things, we've budgeted as if we're not getting any extra help, then when people offer to pay for things it just takes the pressure off us weren't 'saving' per say, just buying as we go. The true test will be when it comes to paying off the big costs closer to the day!

Ohh no :(
I completely understand what your saying, I deffo don't think you should settle for something that you don't want because then you will regret it!
We have been the same as Aly with we've took the extras people have gave us as we weren't expecting it but then we are different as a large chunk of our money came from inheritance money OH got!

Do you have anything already saved, or are you able to ask your parents/inlaws if they are going to contribute? I didn't personally with my parents but OH has the kind of relationship with his where he asks them to pay for something and they give him an answer!

:hugs: I remember this stage. We are TTC after the wedding too but in our case I let my head rule over my heart. The deciding factor was wanting our DD to be old enough to enjoy the day too. So we decided that we'd wait until she was 3-4 :thumbup: For the budget side of things, we've budgeted as if we're not getting any extra help, then when people offer to pay for things it just takes the pressure off us weren't 'saving' per say, just buying as we go. The true test will be when it comes to paying off the big costs closer to the day!

Thats what we plan on doing, hoping to save 6/7k ourself and any thing else is a bonus but if they just came out and said we can give you this much it would give us a lot better idea of when we can get married IFGWIM?

Ohh no :(
I completely understand what your saying, I deffo don't think you should settle for something that you don't want because then you will regret it!
We have been the same as Aly with we've took the extras people have gave us as we weren't expecting it but then we are different as a large chunk of our money came from inheritance money OH got!

Do you have anything already saved, or are you able to ask your parents/inlaws if they are going to contribute? I didn't personally with my parents but OH has the kind of relationship with his where he asks them to pay for something and they give him an answer!

Nop no savings at all. I know our parents will contribute but i just feel cheeky asking if they dont bring it up. Iv allready told my mam shes paying for my flowers but i have that relationship with my mam. I might get my grandma to drop hints to my dad:blush:

I love the sound of this, it would work out at about 2,500-3,500 depending on how many come.

£2,000 Relaxed Celebration Wedding Package

The Hall Garth Hotel is delighted to offer an all inclusive wedding package for just £2,000.00
If you’re thinking of having a Friday or a Sunday wedding followed by a more relaxed celebration then this package is specifically designed for you!
The package is based on 80 guests and includes the following;
Civil Ceremony

Civil Ceremony room hire
Red Carpet for your arrival
CD music system to play your ceremony music
Designated manager to ensure the smooth running of your ceremony
Wedding Reception Drink

A glass of buck’s fizz
Two Course Hot Buffet
Please see menu below
This package also includes

White table cloths & napkins
Cake stand & Knife
Table numbers
Toastmaster to ensure the smooth running of your day
Complimentary room hire
Resident DJ and Disco
Accommodation in one of our beautiful bridal suites for the Bride & Groom with full English breakfast the following morning
Menu

Main Course
Please choose three options from the following for the whole of your party;

Beef Lasagne
Chicken Tikka With Rice
Steak & Mushroom Pie
Chilli Con Carne With Rice
Vegetable Lasagne (V)
Mushroom Stroganoff With Rice (V)
Chinese Five Spiced Pork
Penne Pasta Carbonara
Fish Pie Topped With Cheesy Mash
Lamb Hot Pot
Three Bean Chilli With Rice (V)
Penne Pasta With Seafood Thermidor Sauce
Chicken & Leek Pie
Penne Pasta With Pesto & Mushrooms (V)
Cottage Pie
Served With

Tossed Salad Leaves
Tomato & Basil Salad
Coleslaw
New Potatoes
Bread Rolls
Dessert
Please choose one dessert from the following for the whole of your party;

Chocolate Fudge Truffle With Brandy Syrup
Baked Vanilla Cheesecake With Blackcurrant Compote
Cherry & Almond Tart With Chantilly Cream & Vanilla Syrup
Profiteroles Filled With Chocolate With Vanilla Sauce
Lemon Tart With Candied Orange
Additional menus and services are available on request
To arrange a show around or request any further details please call us on 01325 300400, Alternatively email us [email protected]
Terms and Conditions apply. Offer valid for weddings in 2012 on Friday’s and Sunday’s only. Offer subject to availability. For new wedding enquiries only

^^ that's not bad at all. The thing to remember with packages though is that it only covers the basics. It's still very easy to go overboard with the details. Plus you feel like you've saved money so you end up spending more elsewhere (dress, suits, cars, photographer).

You can have a very nice wedding for £6k. And don't forget, you don't have to stump up it all in one lump sum x

Im aiming to save 6k overall. I get paid weekly so to pay for anything substantial im going to need to save a bit every week. Iv allready realised ebay is going to be my best friend lol

https://www.staincliffehotel.co.uk/weddings/

This place is now in the running too, i really need to go have a look around and get some quotes. Its looking at around 3700 for a hog roast and then a buffet on the evening.

They are both lovely and both a good price too! When are you planning on going to have a look ?

Im not sure, hopefully before christmas, i want it booked by march so that will give us a year to sort out the other details,

I allways said i would not get a dress from china but i think this is so pretty

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Halt...367?pt=UK_Wedding_Dresses&hash=item2a2566475f

That's gorgeous!! Do you know what designer it is originally? You might be able to find a genuine one within budget!

Iv got no clue, it doest say. I might see if there is a local dressmaker that can make a similar one as there are a few things i would change if i could.

That dress it beautiful!
Amy cousin got hers from China and then took it to a dress maker who changed the bits she didn't like, added bits on and took bits away and it looked beautiful and exactly what she wanted, might be another option :)

Right really need to get my arse into gear. Im still not allowed another baby untill we are married so we're hoping to get married on the 1st of feb next year. We have worked out we can save 5k this year and hopefully our parents will help out. I want everything booked by april at the latest.

Think il get these for the bridesmaids, cant beat £30!
https://www.lindybop.co.uk/classy-v...tyle-midnight-blue-bow-swing-dress-1465-p.asp

Yaaayyyy for deciding on a date :happydance: that will really fly by now :)
Those bridesmaid dresses are gorgeous, can't believe there only £30 what a bargain!

Centre pieces are going to double up as favours, going to get something like this
https://m.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/art/20132453/

and fill it with retro sweets, maybe have some balloons with LED lights in them too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->