LTTTC #1 - Support Group *Please share your story

Myshel - how exciting for you! On a few other sites, I've seen others do IVF and adoption at the same time. I think it's smart if you can, then you have all your options covered. It still has to be double overwhelming. Good luck!

That's awesome Myshel! We tried to start the adoption process here in Quebec, but were told we were not allowed if we were going through fertility treatments :(. Are you looking to adopt domestic or international?

We are doing domestic. We were told that if we move forward to IVF that we let them know so they can stop showing our book, but we would still be in the system for adoption and we can still look with CAS and see if anything comes up. We don't have enough money to do more than three IVFs and since adoption can take years to be picked I don't think it is a big deal.
At least we are ready, that is all that matters right now. I just want to grow our family and like years ago,

That's awesome Myshel, I hope for you that the IVF works, and then the adoption comes through for #2 (if you're planning on more than one).
That was our plan, but they said as long as we were being seen at all by a fertility clinic they wouldn't even open a file for us. Anyways, hopefully IVF works out for both of us!

It has been good. The starting process for adoption was pretty intense, we had a course we had to complete and then the Homestudy, which is very invasive to say the least. Medicals, criminal record checks, referrals ect
That is all before you can register with anyone! Is there private adoption in Quebec or is it all government run? Strange that you can't start the process at all as it takes a bit to get through it all. Although it may be completely differ there.

Thanks Bronte, I know you're right and it does no good to focus on the regrets. All we can do is what feels right at the time and once decisions are made we have to stick with it.

Myshel- thanks for your comments. I'm sorry I missed them earlier, still getting used to these boards! Congratulations on the adoption approval! I don't think it's weird at all to be doing both treatment and adoption, since there are no guarantees with either it makes sense to do everything you can for the family you want. I can't imagine how you are getting through all the stress at once. My niece is adopted and I remember all that paper work!

Well I picked up our IVF booklet today from the Drs office, so will have fun going through that with Hubs tonight.
Also got our police checks done for adoption in so sending that over as well.
It is just a busy day here getting things done.

How is everyone doing today? It has been the worst weather in the hamilton area the last week. So much snow, I can honestly say I am ready for summer heat to kick in!

Myshel - have fun looking over everything. It's definitely overwhelming but also feels great to finally be moving into a positive direction. I'm ready for warmth too. We don't have much snow where I am, but it still snowed yesterday which is almost unheard of in April where I'm at in Indiana. By the way, I loved the Hamilton area. Visited a few years ago for roller derby and they were great hostesses.

Hey guys! It's been a bit quiet over here, how's everyone doing?

Myshel I hope you are getting some of this awesome weather we've got going on in Montreal :)

So I finally got my first ever BFP this cycle, only to find out yesterday that my hcg levels dropped back down and it was an early miscarriage. Feels like I just can't catch a break. Even when something seems to go right, the ball drops. I'm beyond devastated and having a hard time dealing. And now, if it ever DOES work again, I'm going to be a nervous freaking wreck the whole time. Fantastic.

Oh Amanda, I'm so sorry to hear this. Sending you a big hug. Sorry for your loss. Miscarriages are incredibly hard to deal with and I can't imagine it after all you have been through.

I'm so sorry Amanda - it's such a horrible roller coaster isn't it? The excitement then the devastation. Huge hugs - if there is one piece of advice I could give you, try to deal with it in whatever way works for you, don't just bury your feelings, it could bite you in the ass later xxxx

AFM - AF finally started last week, after it taking months to turn up. My body is totally screwed up after my latest mc. AF was awful, heavy and painful, but hopefully my body can start getting back to normal.

How's everyone else?

Amanda I am so sorry to hear about your loss. That is heartbreaking, big hugs Hun.

Afm I am just patiently waiting for Af to arrive next week so I can finally start my protocol for IVF.
Keeping busy with my photography business and paint parties. But it is taking forever!!

Thanks guys :( Having an extremely hard time dealing with this. I should feel positive because at least it DID work, which means it should work again.....but instead I can't seem to see any positive in anything right now.

Myshel that's so exciting to be starting IVF! If you have absolutely any questions, let me know!! I've been through it twice now. What's your protocol?

Hello! Amanda, I'm so sorry for your loss, that is a huge disappointment....

I am new to this forum. Here is my story.....I am 32 (almost 33) and my partner of almost 13 years is 33. We were stoked to go off BCP at the beginning of last May and start baby making. It was the perfect time in our lives to start a family. I finished grad school 2 years ago and was finally established in my career, my partner got a good raise and was making good money at his job. We bought a house and were ready to settle down. Now, I was on BCP since the age of 18 with one short break. I never had regular periods as a teen BUT I was also very tiny and did not have good nutrition. Well, my period just didn't want to come back last summer. Of course the first month my period didn't show up I assumed I was one of those super fertile women who gets KU right after BCP, WRONG! After an eternity of waiting and variety of tests my doctor diagnosed me with PCOS based on my lack of periods/ovulation and some signs of high testosterone. Luckily my case is mild. I have been doing acupuncture, taking a ton of supplements and follow the PCOS diet. I still don't have my own periods and I have not ovulated once in the past 12 months. I just finished a progesterone challenge and am waiting to start the withdrawal bleed so I can start my first round of Clomid.

I never thought I would be in the LTTTC group, but I am happy to be here with ladies who know what I am going through. I was really active on the ttc#1 board but answering the same questions and same topics over and over was starting to get to me. I knew I needed to be around ladies who knew the basics and were moving on with their fertility plan.

I look forward to reading all of your stories!

Hi ladies,

DH and I have been trying for only 7-8 months, but decided to get an initial check up given our ages (I am 37, DH is 41) and that DH had testicular cancer (surgery, but no chemo/radiation). We were totally shocked when my doctor said the sample came back with no sperm - I initially thought she meant they had lost the sample or dh had not actually given a sample, but no just no measurable sperm - azoospermia. It has been a very emotional and confusing week. I always had a feeling it might not be smooth sailing for us, but I had never even heard of this as an issue untll last week.

We have an appointment with a urologist and I presume that we will then do more testing that will provide some guidance on how should proceed.

@ Amanda - So sorry for your loss :(. Sending hugs up north.

Ms Ripple I'm so sorry, I know exactly how devastating azoospermia is, as my husband had the same diagnosis. :hugs:

@ Amanda - thank you. I saw from your sig that you dealt with the same. May I ask about the treatment you did and the success? Are you doing IVF with donor?

It was rough and confusing to find that out. We have doctors appt for my husband in a few weeks. For now ttc is obviously on hold!

@ Amanda - thank you. I saw from your sig that you dealt with the same. May I ask about the treatment you did and the success? Are you doing IVF with donor?

It was rough and confusing to find that out. We have doctors appt for my husband in a few weeks. For now ttc is obviously on hold!

Completely devastating. We tried an IVF cycle in September where they did a TESA (surgical sperm retrieval) and we had a donor on backup in case they didn't find any. They ended up finding just one lonely swimmer at first, but then found enough to fertilize 6 of my 12 mature eggs. We got 2 decent embryos out of it, transferred a 3-day fresh, and then a 5-day frozen the next month, both bfn. Dr suggested that even though they found some swimmers, they were not good quality, which could be why it didn't work. We then switched to a donor.
It all depends where the azoospermia comes from. For my hubby, he was 2 months premature, with undescended testicles. If it's just a blockage, they might have better luck with the TESA.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->