LTTTC #1 w/pcos - Buddies?

Hey Karen. I've been charting about 2 years now, charts always super readable when I do ovulate, but they got a little wonky last month with the Clomid. Have you noticed that meds do weird things to your charts? I'm wondering if I'm just not going to be able to look for the same signs as I used to when I was O'ing naturally/regularly.

sugarpi24- Thanks! I'm pretty happy about it too. :) Sorry about your BFN. :hugs: But you haven't gotten AF yet, so there is definitely still a chance. Maybe wait a couple days and test again?

Yeah I think I saw something but I'm not getting my hopes up...I'm only on cd28...so I still have time :)

sugarpi24- Any news?

So over the last couple days DH and I spent a while talking about infertility treatment options and how we feel about each of them, and I think we're going to skip out on the IUI's this month and just BD instead. DH confessed that if we can possibly do it, he'd really rather we try to conceive with just meds and monitoring for a while longer. I felt so relieved by him saying that; I've been having real anxiety about the IUI myself and doubting whether we really need to try it yet or not. We've only had 4 cycles of perfectly timed BD in our 16 months of TTC because of the PCOS/anovulation issue, so maybe we just haven't gotten our lucky cycle yet. I'm going to stick with the Clomid, u/s monitoring, and, if my RE approves, still do the hCG trigger to make sure we time things right.

I'm feeling really relieved right now and so glad DH is on the same page. He doesn't usually open up and speak emotionally about things, so it means a lot to me that he spoke so honestly about how he feels, and wants to keep trying ourselves even if it takes longer. I think we're going to focus more on "us" for a while. We've gotten a bit out of sync with each other's needs over the past several months and I think we need to spend more time taking care of each other and less time focusing on the baby part of BD'ing.

Nothing yet. Gonna test again tomorrow. I'm still hoping :)

That's awesome that your hubby talked to you and shared how he felt. Sometimes it seems like they don't care when it comes to ttc. Hubby I told him I thought I had a faint positive and he got all excited...but then I told him I might have mixed up the tests with the ones from the trigger shot..so idk. :( good luck with timed sex. Hope this is gonna be your lucky cycle!!

seven rounds of clomid?!? why haven't you started to try something else?

Because my ObGyn is a noob and every time I asked about different meds she would brush it off and just up my dosage of Clomid. Thankfully I have a dr's appointment with my family Dr on the 8th of Jan, and I will be requesting a transfer to the ObGyn in my town. This saves me the headache of having to drive 45 mins to an hr for an appointment with a useless boob. :haha:

So over the last couple days DH and I spent a while talking about infertility treatment options and how we feel about each of them, and I think we're going to skip out on the IUI's this month and just BD instead. DH confessed that if we can possibly do it, he'd really rather we try to conceive with just meds and monitoring for a while longer. I felt so relieved by him saying that; I've been having real anxiety about the IUI myself and doubting whether we really need to try it yet or not. We've only had 4 cycles of perfectly timed BD in our 16 months of TTC because of the PCOS/anovulation issue, so maybe we just haven't gotten our lucky cycle yet. I'm going to stick with the Clomid, u/s monitoring, and, if my RE approves, still do the hCG trigger to make sure we time things right.

I'm feeling really relieved right now and so glad DH is on the same page. He doesn't usually open up and speak emotionally about things, so it means a lot to me that he spoke so honestly about how he feels, and wants to keep trying ourselves even if it takes longer. I think we're going to focus more on "us" for a while. We've gotten a bit out of sync with each other's needs over the past several months and I think we need to spend more time taking care of each other and less time focusing on the baby part of BD'ing.

I am so glad that your DH is right along side you on that! Doing it (mostly) naturally for as long as you can is great, and having only 4 perfectly timed cycles means that you still have a good chance of hitting it without IUI. :) Yes, focusing on your relationship is also very important... the Hubs and I went through the same thing with ttc putting a huge pressure on our relationship - we decided that, even though ttc was important to us, we weren't going to drive us into the ground with stress.

AFM: I had thought that I ov'd... but now I don't know. Temp took a heavy dip Christmas morning. It came back up Boxing day, but I still am not sure if I ov'd this cycle. This is super frustrating, especially since I am currently on CD 32.

Best of luck ladies!! I hope we all see double very soon!!

Good Morning Ladies, Sorry for the absence, travelled for Christmas and had no computer. Ive just read throug all and wanted to say, Pink sprinkles, good luck with your direction, i think that is great that youa re supported by your DH, That does take the stress out of it a bit, and at least you know you are on the same page. PVsmith, I hope you O'ed, and got that egg! II hope your new OBGYN is better for treatment than the current one. Karen and sugarpie, how are you too going??? any news? as for me, AF arrived for me on Christmas morning, so i got a christmas surprise allright!!. I was disappointed but you know, we will keep trying, it was only 2nd assisted attempt, you girls have been doing this alot longer han me and i reealise that there can be a long road, so I am strapping in for the long haul! GOOD LUCK ladies! :hugs:

sugarpi24- Any news?

That is wonderful that you were able to sit down and talk. It is so nice not feeling like they just don't care, and it helps the relationship to be on the same page. Good luck!

seven rounds of clomid?!? why haven't you started to try something else?

Because my ObGyn is a noob and every time I asked about different meds she would brush it off and just up my dosage of Clomid. Thankfully I have a dr's appointment with my family Dr on the 8th of Jan, and I will be requesting a transfer to the ObGyn in my town. This saves me the headache of having to drive 45 mins to an hr for an appointment with a useless boob. :haha:

I am glad you are going to try and see another doc. Have you thought about seeing an RE? My OB couldn't prescribe anything other than Clomid, I have to go to the RE for that.

Good Morning Ladies, Sorry for the absence, travelled for Christmas and had no computer. Ive just read throug all and wanted to say, Pink sprinkles, good luck with your direction, i think that is great that youa re supported by your DH, That does take the stress out of it a bit, and at least you know you are on the same page. PVsmith, I hope you O'ed, and got that egg! II hope your new OBGYN is better for treatment than the current one. Karen and sugarpie, how are you too going??? any news? as for me, AF arrived for me on Christmas morning, so i got a christmas surprise allright!!. I was disappointed but you know, we will keep trying, it was only 2nd assisted attempt, you girls have been doing this alot longer han me and i reealise that there can be a long road, so I am strapping in for the long haul! GOOD LUCK ladies! :hugs:

I hope you had a good vacation. I am sorry you got a nasty present on Christmas. Even if it is only your second try it is still hard to deal with that loss. I hope your road isn't too long.

I am just in my tww. No symptoms, except moody and that is probably just due to the holidays.

pvsmith12- Ugh. That's super frustrating. :hugs: Can you get your progesterone levels checked?

mrs.monty- Sorry bout AF. Not very nice of her to show up on Chirstmas morning. :hugs: Are you feeling good about this coming cycle?

karenh- I'll be joining you in the TWW shortly!

As for me: Today was CD 24 u/s. Two of my follicles disappeared, but the other two grew- to 22.5mm and 18.5mm. So we triggered today and DH and I are supposed to BD tonight, tomorrow night, and the next day (since we don't know how quickly I'll respond to it).

Soooo.... :blush: I got completely freaked out by the size of the needle for that trigger shot. 1.5 inches was too much for me. I had to get the nurse to trade for one of the tiny needles and do the shot in my arm instead of my side. Phew! Nurse said she'll note it in my chart that we're going to do it that way if I need another shot in the future...

Mrs Monty - So sorry to hear about your Christmas surprise!!! :hugs: Hope this cycle is the one for you!

Karen - I have thought about an RE, and I was trying to get referred to one. I am hoping that if there is absolutely nothing that this new Dr can do for me, then he will refer me to one. PRAYING that I have better results with him then the other one. Fx'd that your tww turns into a 9mw. :haha:

Pink - I think to get progesterone levels checked I'd have to request them from the Dr... which is useless because, if past appointments are any indication she would just say we will wait til NEXT visit. I am thinking the new Dr will be more willing to do what he can to help. Fx'd that this trigger shot works!!! Oh dear! Just thinking of that size of needle made me want to cringe. Glad she could use the smaller one!!

AFM: Temp is still being wonky. We are still bd'ing like crazy... DH tried to yesterday morning and I was like "WAIT!!! I have to temp first!!" :haha: He sure jumped off me pretty quick. We are both getting pretty bummed out with this cycle. We get our hopes up then the temps just mess us up. Aside from that - Hubs is installing a dishwasher... my kitchen is a terrible disaster. :/ lol.

pvsmith12- Ugh. That's super frustrating. :hugs: Can you get your progesterone levels checked?

mrs.monty- Sorry bout AF. Not very nice of her to show up on Chirstmas morning. :hugs: Are you feeling good about this coming cycle?

karenh- I'll be joining you in the TWW shortly!

As for me: Today was CD 24 u/s. Two of my follicles disappeared, but the other two grew- to 22.5mm and 18.5mm. So we triggered today and DH and I are supposed to BD tonight, tomorrow night, and the next day (since we don't know how quickly I'll respond to it).

Soooo.... :blush: I got completely freaked out by the size of the needle for that trigger shot. 1.5 inches was too much for me. I had to get the nurse to trade for one of the tiny needles and do the shot in my arm instead of my side. Phew! Nurse said she'll note it in my chart that we're going to do it that way if I need another shot in the future...
Good luck these next few days!

Mrs Monty - So sorry to hear about your Christmas surprise!!! :hugs: Hope this cycle is the one for you!

Karen - I have thought about an RE, and I was trying to get referred to one. I am hoping that if there is absolutely nothing that this new Dr can do for me, then he will refer me to one. PRAYING that I have better results with him then the other one. Fx'd that your tww turns into a 9mw. :haha:

Pink - I think to get progesterone levels checked I'd have to request them from the Dr... which is useless because, if past appointments are any indication she would just say we will wait til NEXT visit. I am thinking the new Dr will be more willing to do what he can to help. Fx'd that this trigger shot works!!! Oh dear! Just thinking of that size of needle made me want to cringe. Glad she could use the smaller one!!

AFM: Temp is still being wonky. We are still bd'ing like crazy... DH tried to yesterday morning and I was like "WAIT!!! I have to temp first!!" :haha: He sure jumped off me pretty quick. We are both getting pretty bummed out with this cycle. We get our hopes up then the temps just mess us up. Aside from that - Hubs is installing a dishwasher... my kitchen is a terrible disaster. :/ lol.
I really hope you can get a doctor that will listen to you and help you. That is so important.

It is very important. I told Hubs if this Dr actually does something and we see double... I'm going to be seeing red in regards to the other Dr. :haha:

Awe Karen, I am sorry to hear that! :hugs:

I got a dotted line cross hairs on FF yesterday. They put me to 9 dpo. This is the first time, in 3 years of temping (the cycles that I actually did), that I have gotten ANY indication of ovulation. I know that doesn't mean that we caught it, but to actually see that I might have possibly Ov'd is still pretty exciting!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->