Ltttc

Nixnax

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

Well I have to be honest, I never thought I’d be posting in this forum but here I am.

I’m 34 and DH is 32. We’ve been TTC for a year now with zero results. My poor DH suffers from delayed ejaculation. He has never been able to climax since we’ve been together (he can do it through masterbation though).

Before TTC it never bothered me, less mess etc. When I came off BCP I was nieve and thought, this can happen, if there’s a reason for him to do it, it may help him. But it hasn’t.

We are now starting to think of other routes we can take. He’s been to the docs and they have suggested counselling, but he doesn’t really want to do that (plus I’ve heard it’s not all that successful). We are thinking of going down the self insemination route. Does this really work? Does anyone have any secess stories?

We are not going to get pregnant naturally, I’ve come to terms with that. But DH is really struggling with it.

Does anyone else have this issue and advice to give. I’m open to anything at this stage.

Thanks for reading my loooong post

:hugs: i don't have any advice but I didn't want to read and run. I hope the insemination works for you - hey you've got nothing to lose! Good luck and I hopeyou get your little one soon.

Thank you. That’s what I’m thinking, what ave we got to lose. We can try it for a year and see where we end up. We don’t want to go down the invasive route just yet

Thank you. That’s what I’m thinking, what ave we got to lose. We can try it for a year and see where we end up. We don’t want to go down the invasive route just yet

Someone I know fell pregnant the first month of trying using a softcup - her DH masturbated into it, and then she put it in herself under the cervix and then madturbated to orgasm which apparently helped ‘suck up’ the sperm (she may also have done shoulder-stands etc but not sure). She had a healthy happy baby nine months later! Good luck x

Wow really?! That does give me some hope. Thank you so much for sharing that

Yes her husband was too anxious to ‘finish’ with her as I recall but this method seemed really effective - I would worry about spilling the sperm as I’m a total klutz but she said she just made sure to practice in advance with the soft cup. I’m no longer in touch with her otherwise I’d try to pump her for more detail for you! Maybe practice with lube in the cup to practice not spilling it too much? Anyway, loads of luck!!!

I also know someone who got pregnant using a cup! She used a moon cup rather than a soft cup. She coated it with preseed then got her DH to fill it up and then popped it in. Did the job!

I do have a moon Cup. I haven’t used it in years, so may need to invest in a new one.

I haven’t managed to persuade DH to do this yet, but after AF being 5 days late this month (she did arrive in the end) I think he’s becoming more keen.

My OH has the same problem and were about the same age. I've come to terms with the fact we won't conceive naturally but he hasn't and won't even discuss exploring other options. I want him to visit my doctor to discuss IUI but as soon as I bring up the subject he won't discuss it. It's devastating, especially as no one really understands unless there going through it themselves. Good luck though, I would be interested to see if this works for you x

My OH has the same problem and were about the same age. I've come to terms with the fact we won't conceive naturally but he hasn't and won't even discuss exploring other options. I want him to visit my doctor to discuss IUI but as soon as I bring up the subject he won't discuss it. It's devastating, especially as no one really understands unless there going through it themselves. Good luck though, I would be interested to see if this works for you x

Thank you messaging, I’m so glad to finally meet someone else that is going what I am going through. I’ve pinged you a private message

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->