Lucas Anthony Smith Born 31/10/2009

Anna1982

mummy of 4
Reaction score
Hiya

Well Lucas is now nearly 2 weeks old so i thought I better get on with his birth story.

I was booked in for induction at 36 weeks and 2 days due to Lucas's size and severe spd. Thiswas booked for 7am on 30th October
I ended up in at 4am that day as Lucas had moved down and m pelvis hurt so much I needed 4 doses of pethidine!

I had the pessary inserted at 10am, didnt hurt but didnt do anything straight away lol, pottered around the ward all day with dh with no signs of labor. I was already 1cm dialated when the pessary was inserted

Dh went home at 8pm and I decided to get an early night.

Woke at 3.30am to a trickling sensation and I knew my waters were going (my waters went first with my first son) I paged the nurse to tell her, and she was like of I will get you a pad to make sure, she came back i stood up and woosh!! loads of water lol, she said oh yep theyve gone

I was sent straight to labor ward as I needed to have iv antibiotics because I was group b strep positive. Im allergic to penicillin which they normally give every 4 hours, so I had to have something else which I needed 2 doses of eight hours apart.

rang dh who luckily had slept at his parents 5 mins away with our son so he could be lef there

by the time dh arrived I was on gas and air as the contractions were really painfull. I was begging for the epidural lol and I mean proper begging, Im not good with pain and thought I was dying.

Midwife was great, very in control which is what I really needed, she told me exactly how it was gonna be this time.

next thing I know 3 hours had passed and the guy was there to do my epidural ! he had had a emergency in theatre to attend so I cant complain lol, I didnt really know how much time had passed as I was high as a kite!

I was a bit worried about having the epidural as when I had morgan it took 4 attempts to get it in. I shouldnt have worried the guy got it in first time without me knowing!
then I had the shock that I could still feel pain just not as bad! (turns out with morgan they had given me a spinal block!)

looking back I feel good that had the sensation to push this time, and that I could still move around.

because I had the epidural the midwife needed to put a probe on Lucas's head for his heartbeat, she went to do that and said oh hes ready to be here so I wont bother

14 minutes of pushing later I delivered my beautiful second baby boy.
Lucas came into the world at 8.24 am on halloween, weighing 9lb 6 oz

both his daddy and I were in tears.

hes perfect and is growing well

because I couldnt have both doses of the iv we had to stay in hospital for 4 days so lucas could have iv antibiotics and a blood culture

his culture came back clear so he hadnt been affected by the group b strep

we are all settling in

its hard having a 1 year old and a newborn but its worth it

oh and theres 1 year and 9 hours between my boys lol

awww, congratulations. hope you & both your lo's are doing well :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->