Lump in same spot when breast is full???

embeth

Mum to 4 perfect children
Reaction score
Does anyone else get this?? In my left boob since Jacob was a week or so old I have a lump come up in my left boob whenever there is a lot of milk there. If I empty the boob it disappears only to re appear when it fills up. It's not really hard more rubbery lump couple of cm above my nipple. Do u think it's ok if it's going away when emptying?? X

Could be a plugged duct? Compression massage should move the clog and out of the breast if it's that.

Other than that, it could just be your normal breast tissue, my boobs are lumpy all over the place when they're full.

Could be a plugged duct? Compression massage should move the clog and out of the breast if it's that.

Other than that, it could just be your normal breast tissue, my boobs are lumpy all over the place when they're full.

Mine were too, back when I first started and got really full. Now they are just big, they never get that overfull feeling...

thanks...its really much more prominent when its full, i can actually see it sometimes, get all worried only for it to be gone when the milk goes down x

It could be a wee milk cyst. Especially if it's a smooth pump and rolls around easily under your skin. Keep an eye on it but if you're at all worried speak to your GP. I know how worrying it is - I've been there. Maybe it's just an enlarged gland or a blocked duct that's prone to recurrent blocking - keep massaging it x

thanks. I guess something dodgy wouldnt have the ability to vanish and reaapear constantly just wandering why it obviously keeps enlarging with the milk. Expressing and massaging does reduce/get rid of it until the boob fills again xx

I get this and it's not a blocked duct but the only way I can describe it is a 'faulty valve'. I only get it when mega engorged or when I pump, and it's not a true blockage because it empties out very easily through feeding. I think that perhaps there is a narrower bit in the duct and so you get a bit of a back up of milk in there and it takes longer to flow through than the others so feels like a lump? Xx

Yes, I had the same thing back when my LO was first born. It doesn't happen now and I can't remember when the last time it did happen. I think it stopped somewhere around 3 or 4 months.

Do keep an eye on it and ensure it empties regularly so it doesn't collect "old milk". The last thing you want is an abscess. Sadly I didn't keep an eye on mine and it happened to me. Sounds like yours empties easily so I wouldn't worry.

Thanks all I will keep making sure I empty it regularly hopefully it will disappear at some point xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->