Luteal cyst...

MyMomToldMe

Reaction score
When I got my scan on Tuesday, they said I had a luteal cyst. This is supposedly normal.

Of course, now I am paranoid that every little stretch and pull I feel is the thing rupturing. I am feeling a little more pain today than usual. I am about 12 weeks.

I am sure people have had this type of cyst. It was only the size of the baby's head, so probably not that big.

I have one, and I've also had an ovarian cyst rupture in the past. Trust me, you'd know if that was it! It's excruciating, it was the first time that I'd been in tears from pain since I was 13.

I'm pretty sure most women have them while pregnant, but rupturing is very rare. I hope this reassures you a bit :)

I have two on my left ovary and they were there at 7wks 6d and were there today at my latest scan. In january I had a cyst that was 14cm when it was removed and it didnt rupture. It was the size of a small melon. You may just get the odd twinge of pain which is what i normally experienced even with the huge one. Dont panic a lot of women pregnant or not have cysts.

Thank you.

I am feeling a little more reassured. I took a warm back to relax. I think it helped.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->