Lyla Rose 2/9/09 xx

Annaspanna

Mummy2Lyla x
Reaction score
I'm sneaking a quick min or too whilst grandma is with Lyla!!

So....
I started getting niggles and period pains at about 8.30pm on the 1st sept, went for a little walk, bounced on my ball and had a bath, then I was having pains like evry 20 mins or so, didn't really think it was anything so got a fair amount of sleep that night luckily.

My mucous plug was there when I woke up the next morning at about 5am, I got up and had brekkie and bounced on ball a bit more, then i went back to bed again. Was in bed for about 30mins and then I heard a loud POP!! My waters went at about 7.30am :wacko:.

I held out at home in the bath for a while, contractions coming between 4-6 mins apart, lasting about 45secs from the time that waters went. They got pretty intense quite quickly. Labour ward told me to have something to eat and go in.
Got to hosp at about 9.30AM, got examined and i was almost 6cm dilated!!!:happydance:

I was so happy I had lasted that long at home, so i then had gas and air which didn't initially do much, but then i had pethadine too, and both together as a combo worked really well for me, relaxed me a lot, but didn't take pain away. I progressed pretty quickly, i was 9cms at about 2.30am, and fully dilated at about 3pm, so started pushing. I was pushing for almost 2 1/2 hours!! Knackering stuff!! She basically had her hand by her face so it was very difficult to get her out. It began to get a bit worrying as her HR would drop between contractions to about 50bpm, so I had an episiotomy and then she popped out with the next contaction and pushes!! It was the most bizarre feeling ever, undescribable!! Her body then came with the last contaction, i felt all her little limbs fly out....wierd :cloud9:!

Because of where her hand was I ended up with a third degree tear aswell, not good! So I'm a bit of a patchwork puzzle at the mo! It doesn't hurt as much as i thought it would though thankfully. The labour and delivery turned out to be the easy bit of the day however, as I then had a retained placeta, which everyone had a go at trying to yank outta me, with no pain relief :growlmad:!! They then started a drip (the one they start to help someone go in to labour and bring on contractions) which cranked up contractions to try help me expel it, which didn't work and was AGONY!!! I've never felt soooo much pain i my life I honestly thought i was gonna die. Basically the anaethetists were all busy in theatre with C-sections and could get to me to prescribe pain relief, and they couldn't turn off the drip as they said i would bleed so I was left in absolute agony, screaming the place down for 2 hours until theatre became free :growlmad:! It was awful, but very taumatic for my mum and hubby, they were distraught :cry:. I then went to theatre to have it removed and to be sown up and my womb examined, I caught site of a Dr I knew (as i work there) and asked them to put me to sleep as i couldn't face it anymore, so i had a general anaeasthetic and woke up when it was all over, thank the lord!!

So, I can honestly say, the birth was soooo easy compared to all that I lot afterwards! I obviously felt rough as guts the next day, and looked like i'd been run over or something! But stayed 2 days in hosp and then came home.

Lyla is an absolute star, she is breastfeeding well and she's just adorable, makes it better to forget what happened really!
I'm so glad she came 4 days early, as she was 8lb 4!! I'm only a petite size 8 too, so for me, she was big!

Anyways, thats my long story! Thanks for reading xxxx

Congrats! Oh my, i really shouldn't read birth stories lol.. I'm not even scared of labour anymore, its the placenta delivery i'm scared of now after hearing so many stories about it!! x

Congratulations! My friends little girl is called Lyla.Lovely name x

Congratulations hun!
And hurrah for more September babies actually coming in September....was starting to be freaked by the lack of action!!!

Wishing you all the best :D xxx

Sorry you had such a rough time at the end but big congratulations on your little girl :thumbup:

https://i676.photobucket.com/albums/vv125/rkkfinancial/congratulations_3.png

congrats on ur lil one, sorry u had a crap time afterward s xx

Amazing story annaspanna, sorry to hear the aftermath was so traumatic though.
Hope you recover quickly from all that & massive congrats on the safe delivery of your little one! :hugs: xxx

Wow, traumatic experience, but I am sure Lyla is worth it!

congratulations x

goodness, congrats and I"m so sorry for the extra mess!

awwww babe that was tough at the end there sorry about that :hugs: miss u too x

OOh bit of a traumatic birth you had hun :hugs: I had a third degree tear too :( They are all so worth it though eh? xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->