** Mac and Cheese for 7 month old?**

want2bamom

Mama to Ciara :)
Reaction score
Hey ladies!! I was just wondering if my 7 month old baby can have my home made macaroni and cheese? I know there not supposed to have cows milk until 12 months and i put milk, butter, flour and cheese and whatever seasonings in my mac and cheese...Is it ok, or not ok? Thanks!

I cant see the milk being a problem as we have been giving milk to Harriet from 6 months. I think you just need to use small baby pasta and check the salt...

Cow's milk is fine for cooking after 6 months, it just shouldn't be given as a drink. It will probably be quite salty because of the cheese, so try to avoid adding any extra salt by using garlic and other seasoning instead. Normal pasta is fine, there's no need for special stuff.

ok so if i just make it the way i do it should be fine and i wont add any extra salt, we can always just add it to our portions..Thanks!!

:dohh: haha - I thought the title meant a 'big mac and cheese' (mcdonalds!!)

Yes -macaroni & cheese is a great meal for babies!! Anna has pasta several times a week. No need for special pasta either - I just chop up spaghetti when its cooked.:flower:

Yes it's fine - and def no need for baby pasta. I just wish Ruby liked it :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"