Maca

Thanks Peacebaby, that is very useful information, I had a look at the maca powder bag. I am still debating whether to buy the powder or the capsules. I think I would struggle to give it to my OH if it is in powder.

Nats, good tip about the vitamin C! I take alot of it to avoid colds and flu due to the enviroment I work in, but I never thought of giving it to OH!

I also read, and had a feedback frome one of the girls that Maca also helps women, better quality of eggs, more energy, more libido, and helps with the mood swings, I am thining about taking it as well.

I guess thought, Does your OH then only take Maca during fertile times?

So If I buy Maca we would both be taking every day¨:

100 mg Coq
Maca (Don´t know how many mg yet)
Vitamin C
Folic acid (Just for me)...

What do you think about this combitation? Am I over doing it?:wacko:

No I don´t think your overdoing it. I take a conception vit which has folic acid, epo from cd 1 -14. Maca and Vit C and Coq10. OH has a vit pack with maca in, and I start him on the C and Coq10 too when they get here. I also drink red rasberry leaf tea in my brew in the morning to build a nice thick uterus lining. So if you are over doing it I am for sure!

Is that your cat cuddling the toy Nats?

I have Raspberry tea leaf capsules here, they gave them to me in the Health shop but my friend wont let me take them as she says it casuses miscarriage? she is keeping them away from me? lol But yes, the lady at the health shop said that it does help the lining.

Well I will take all that ... and depending on the blood results I might try soy as well, see if it brings my ov a bit forward:

How many mg of Maca does your OH and you take?

250mg, it is part of the wellman conception vitamin pack. I only drink the raspberry leaf until I ov then I stop so that it doesn´t put any fetus at risk. It is true if I jump up and down I rattle like a pill bottle, but got to try what I can to make it work. I keep hopping for a miracle and a BFP before we need to start IUI, it must be possible as I was pregnant befre twice with OH, but maybe his swimmers were in better form then, looks like i wore the poor man out!

Oh and yes that is my cat Teddy with his teddy when he was small. He has always been gorgeous when he is asleep... it is the rest of the time he is a worry.

Nats the raspberry leaf extract is in a lot of the "pregnancy teas" so IDK I would have thought that is was safe to drink whilst TTC?

Right now I'm on folic acid, vitamin b complex, omega 3 with vitamin D, vitamin C, COCK, and today I start agnus castus.

This is out of control, but somehow I've got to get my cycles back to normal after messing myself up with EPO and BCP :cry:

Acete de oragra, oil of evening primrose

Of course it is!!:dohh::dohh:
Having one of my dopy moments here!
I used to take that in the past to help my cycles
Does it work for you Nats?

I don´t know really. Generally I have good fcm, but this month I didn´t see any, despite the epo.
I´m feeling really low right now because I just found out the price for IUI didn´t include the drugs...another 500€ on top of the price they told us. SO I have no idea how we will find enough for one cycle let alone several. Seems so hopeless and unfair that it should all come down to money!

Nats :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Are you sure not even the drugs or part of the treatment is covered by the public healthcare? In the past it used to...

Nats, let me ask a friend of mine who is a doctor, she works in Madrid now, but her best friend in Barcelona is a gyno, maybe she has some contacts/Advice.

Thanks Hun! I know before I could have got some help, but my dr seems to think that is all finished now. This all feels like a bad joke, it just keeps getting worse. But i¡on the up side we know why it hasn´t been working, my heart goes out to everyone who is unexplained, that must be the toughest!

Nats :hugs:

Please don't get down on yourself...I really think it will happen for you...

A friend of mine had endo and her DH had the worst SA I have ever heard of...the only numbers I remeber was his count was at less than 50,000but everything else was bad too...Their FS told them IVF was probably not even an option for them...

So anyway they gave up and were contemplating weather or not they wanted to adopt or just be childless...two months later they were PG...now they have 3 girls and their FS can't believe it

Nats don´t get down yet,:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs: It has been a hard week for you, too much hapening at once, or lots of information thrown at you but things will get better, honest!
Let me try to find some information for you. See if there is anything you could be entitled to funding wise from the social security, at least the meds. God Spain sucks now, it used to be so good there for treatments!

sending you :hugs: nats

I hear you about the money issue- its a shame that something as precious as bringing life into this world comes down to money.it's same with simple meds that can help sustain a pregnancy, those who can afford it privately have access to it while hundreds of others suffer losses.

I honestly believe that since you have conceived naturally, it can and I am sure it will happen again for you. Sorry if I sound too optimistic about herbs, vitamins and nutritional support, but I have seen and heard far too many success stories and perhaps I'm far more sceptical of the 'black and white' approach of contemporary western medicine. Healthy living and nutrition can have an amazingly positive impact on fertility. So hang in there!

just a thought, but would your OH consider a few acupuncture treatments?
I've just finished reading "the infertility cure" and it states that acu has been successful in strengthening sperm together with nutrition and vits, which you're already doing.

what about IUI with the NHS here, is that a possibility?

:hugs::hugs:

Hi Peacebaby,
I don´t think I am eligible for anything in the UK, I have lived overseas for too long. I could risk them not asking, but I hate to think what would happen if they found out. Ironically I have paid more tax over the years there than here, but i don´t think they count that.
I would love him to have acupuncture too, but if we save all our money for iUI we can´t do both. I´m going to talk to my acupuncturist this week and see what she says.
I think you are right, it may be possible for us, but I don´t have that much time and with his stats it could take years!

nats, that seems too unfair, you pay tax here while throngs of free riders get by on the NHS. At yet another blood test this morning I asked the guy a bit about this and he says that new rule is that only foreigners have to produce a valid visa to receive NHS treatment. You're a legitimate citizen and taxpayer, would that not qualify you?

there must be a way,praying for you :hugs::hugs:

sus, excellent! Wishing your OH a successful maca journey!

Hi ladies, I have a few maca questions and would be grateful for any help.

I have just bought maca root powder for my DH (in H&B) to increase his sex drive and sperm count, the question is how do I go about adding it to his food so he does not notice? I've heard it tastes vile so I think I need to get creative... can anyone recommend anything? the problem with hubby is that he does not believe any of this stuff helps so we have a battle every time I ask him to take his supplements (which is every day) so if I turn up with yet another super supplement/vitamin/food etc he will probably divorce me :)

I have read on B&B that tomatos make the maca flavour completely disappear. Will definitely try that (luckily my DH loves tomatoes) although it might be difficult to make him eat tomatoes in the morning...

My second question is it safe to add maca to the following supplements (which he is already taking)

Wellman conception
Zinc
CoQ10
Folic acid
Royal jelly
Bee propolis
Bee pollen
Fish oils

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts