Macaroons constantly going wrong???

babz1986

Reaction score
Can anyone help??

I've been trying to make Coloured Macaroons and this is my 2nd attempt and they keep going wrong??

this is the recipe I'm using and following, but for some reason its not happening:

https://www.deliciousmagazine.co.uk/recipes/multicoloured-macaroons

Even after longer then suggested in the oven there still quite runny and gloopy, I just don't get it lol

This is the recipe i use
75g ground almonds
115g icing sugar
2 large egg whites
50g caster sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla extract

Filling
55g unsalted softend butter
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
115g icing sugar sifted.

Place almonds and icing in food processor and process for 15 seconds sift mix int bowl. Line two baking sheeths with baking paper

Place egg whites in large bowl, whisk til holding sogt peaks, gradually whisk in caster sugar to make a frim glossy meringue. Whisk in the vanilla.

Using a spatula fold almond mixture into the meringueone third at a time, when all dry ingredients are thoroughly incorporated, continue to mix until it forms ashiny batter with a thick ribbon like consistency.

Pour into piping bag, pipe 32 small rounds onto the baking sheets,tap baking sheets on work top to remove air bubbles, leave at room temp for 30 mins. Preheat oven to 160 c. Bake for 10 to 15 mins. Carefully peal macaroons off baking paper and leave to cool completely.

For filling beat the butter abnd vanilla extract in a bowl till pale and fluffy gradually add and beat sugar until smooth and creamy, useto sandwich pairs of macaroonstogether.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->