Made A Friend

KateC

Reaction score
Long story, but a nice one.

I went to a party on Sunday, and saw, K, a woman I barely know, and L, her husband.

I've been working on being more open about my miscarriage, so when L asked how things were going, I almost said,
"well, we had a miscarriage recently, so it's been a hard time," but I had awkwardly silenced a room with a similar statement last week, so instead I said,
"Great!" and talked all about my one-year-old baby girl and our mutual friend who is about to have a baby.

When we got home, Hub told me that he overheard K say that she had recently lost a baby. I felt like such a jerk and wished I had told them about my miscarriage.

Hub never wants me to be so forward, but I tracked K down on facebook and sent her a message just to tell her how sorry I was and that I had been through something very similar very recently, and if she ever wanted to talk, I'm around.

I was so afraid she'd be hurt or offended or angry about the message, but she wasn't. She wanted me to come over for coffee that very afternoon. We cried and talked and laughed for two hours. It felt so good to be in the position to help her through her struggle. It helps me to help other people, and I think I made a new friend.

That is a beautiful story, so happy you could be there for her and talk openly about what you've both been through. :hugs:

That's wonderful! Good for the soul. I'm so happy you found her.

Aww that is a beautiful story, i'm so happy you found someone to talk to and help :hugs:

of course sad that you bonded through loss but it sounds like the start of a very supportive friendship :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->