Magical xmas decorations

Status
Not open for further replies.

missk1989

Reaction score
I want to make our house look magical this xmas. We have loads of ornamental xmas decorations but lo just pics them up and dumps them elsewhere in the house so a bit pointless really. We have some giant baubles that hang from the curtain pole and of course the tree. What do you use to make the house look magical?

We have snowflake wall stickers we put up all over downstairs, lo loves them.

Yes tinsel! Tinsel everywhereeeeeee :xmas12:

Lol I wanting to get some new bits this year. My wee 1s the same he loves picking up the decorations and stashing them lol
I'll see if I can fish up some photos of last year and show you what our house was like :) and yeah a little bit of tinsel I always like over the pictures ect lpl x

IMG_40101797105803.jpg

IMG_40110272123976.jpg

IMG_40116919277619.jpg

IMG_40136810693550.jpg

IMG_40186875938687.jpg

My living room last year after this I got some cool window stickers of house all different colours a sprayed fake snow along the bottom put the houses on the snow and put loads of snowflakes on the window it looked brilliant can not believe I can't find a picture if it :( I love the door trains to probs my fab decoration I have 1 on each door ;)

IMG_40141291457924.jpg

IMG_40152397009533.jpg

IMG_40158830063697.jpg

IMG_40164644384425.jpg

And this us my hall and ds room he has 2 window so both are done like the picture. Oh i can't wait to get them up this year lol

https://www.partydelights.co.uk/Chr...hdecorations&gclid=CICvy5Xa3MECFW3JtAodvmAAxg

Love everything that's here.
Up until a couple of years ago my parents would decorate their entire living room with foil decorations that lined the ceiling and looped into the middle......they stopped using them cause they tore easily and we couldn't find more to replace it........dunno what it was called though. :shrug: I loved them, made the house feel so warm and Christmassy , we never had ornaments besides on the tree. I think it was a proper 90s thing maybe:haha:

https://www.partydelights.co.uk/Chr...hdecorations&gclid=CICvy5Xa3MECFW3JtAodvmAAxg

Up until a couple of years ago my parents would decorate their entire living room with foil decorations that lined the ceiling and looped into the middle......they stopped using them cause they tore easily and we couldn't find more to replace it........dunno what it was called though. :shrug: I loved them, made the house feel so warm and Christmassy , we never had ornaments besides on the tree. I think it was a proper 90s thing maybe:haha:

I use those foil decs on the ceiling :D they sell loads of them in Wilkinsons :)

We had these when I was little too, wasnt Christmas without them! They're called foil garlands and you can still buy them, as I discovered last year! I was so excited to relive my childhood memories that I bought some and told DH I was going retro, but he threatened to divorce me so they stayed in the packets - this year I'm not asking his opinion :haha:

I love them and not at all tacky like some! My DH is gonna be sooooo mad when he comes home one day and I have "Santa's grotto'd" the house! hahahahaha

I use those foil decs on the ceiling :D they sell loads of them in Wilkinsons :)

:wacko: we don't have wilkinsons! Shall look at their online shop though:thumbup:

Yay so happy I'm not the only one who loved these!! It really hasn't been the same since we stopped using them

https://www.wilko.com/foils-and-garlands/wilko-foil-garland-multicoloured-27m/invt/0401871

Just about to order these:xmas17:

We have soft toys which we use as kind of decorations, and the kids are free to move them about as they like. Everything else, i just make sure it's out of their reach. For me the most magical decorations are the twinkly lights on the tree. Thinking of trying to get some battery powered sets to put elsewhene!

Definitely NOT tinsel or those garlands!

Love tinsel but don't have much room to decorate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"