Major confusion about 'NTNP'

I think there's a difference.When we conceived our LO we had come of contraception, used OPK's, i looked for fertile signs etc and the pressure got to me each month.

After LO was born i never went back on the pill as i felt that it messed up my body and i knew we would prob want another within a couple of years. So now we are effectively NTNP, we have sex when we feel like it, i don't use OPK's.Some months i hope i;m pregnant, and other months i hope i'm not. If it happens it'l be great, but if it doesn't then fine.There's no real pressure and nature just takes it's course.

I think people who have actively TTC in the past recognise the difference between NTNP and TTC (my opinion only).

I TTCed with my first for quite a while and it was crazy just so much pressure and frustration. Now for my second I'm NTNP, it's much more relaxed :) I'm actually getting more BD in NTNP then I did when we were TTC :p Oh the irony >.< hehe

I think people who have actively TTC in the past recognise the difference between NTNP and TTC (my opinion only).

That is so true!
We were 'trying' for nearly 3 years - fertility consultants, referrals, CBFM, OPK's and charting.

Once Boo is born we will be NTNP as soon as we start having :sex: I wont be doing anything to keep a record of my cycles (if and when AF returns!) but we will have unprotected sex.
If we haven't conceived number 2 by the time Boo is about 12 months old we will start 'trying' again and I will crack out the CBFM and start charting again!

Although I do think once you have had any length of time TTC you do become quite attuned to your cycles.

So yeah, there is a big difference IMHO

I agree that NTNP is what you choose it to be.

For me, it's more like, we want a baby, but don't want to bother with the stresses of actively TTC and worrying about ovulation etc. The last time I was TTC, I was keeping an eye on my cycles, checking when I was fertile, and aiming most of our sex around the fertile time. This time round I will know roughly when I'm ovulating, but if we don't feel in the mood for sex, we don't have it.

Ive noticed a lot of NTNP are a little more toward the TTC line in here but for me it took me over 3 yrs to get pregnant with Zander and I had an IUD that fell out but hated it anyway and we just decided not to worry about prevention if it happens it happens I would love one more but if it doesnt no big deal I am happy with just having my 2 boys! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laree1820
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->