Make Bradford British.... Ch4 1st March 9pm

My friend has a baby with a Turkish man living in this country. They can and will deport you, also do you know she cant even claim CB because it has to be a joint claim and he cannot claim any benefits. I was like WTF your kids British (born here)
I dont know if its pass or go home. I think if it is if you want to become a British national, rather than live here as a legal immigrant
Right. Thanks for that. My husband sometimes has a bit of a skewed opinion on things and it basically because he just listens to what other people say rather than finding out the facts. He does listen when I tell him stuff thats correct thankfully. Not totally blinkered x

Neither my mum or dad were born in Britain but I look british no one ever says anything to me at all!! It does make me wonder if I looked ethnic would people be racist to me?

I was born here and I am british!

I think it simply boils down to the colour of your skin .......its a very sad world.

My friend has a baby with a Turkish man living in this country. They can and will deport you, also do you know she cant even claim CB because it has to be a joint claim and he cannot claim any benefits. I was like WTF your kids British (born here)
I dont know if its pass or go home. I think if it is if you want to become a British national, rather than live here as a legal immigrant
Right. Thanks for that. My husband sometimes has a bit of a skewed opinion on things and it basically because he just listens to what other people say rather than finding out the facts. He does listen when I tell him stuff thats correct thankfully. Not totally blinkered x

Does it work the same though if it is the women that is foreign and has a baby in Britain, I was also told that they then couldn't make the women go back until the child reached 18 as it would be classed as a Britain Citizen.

I'm not sure if this is true or not, just something that I was told by another person that was 'apparently' told this by a foreign lady who had done this.

Just heard apparently that Bradford Council has voiced (very vehemently) its disapproval of this documentary. I wonder why. Will watch to see.

To whoever asked about giving birth here and citizenship. No. If you give birth, unless either parent is British, the child does not become British automatically, and they will very well kick you out.

Actually, I am glad this thread came up because it allows us (I hope) to dispel (and confirm) some of the myths about immigrants and their impact on the country as a whole. Now I hope I can stay up past 9pm. x

Heres a news link for the press release from Bradford council

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leeds-17211995

There is no automatic birth right in the UK like neighbouring European countries.

A way to pass time waiting for the programme, what does being british mean to you?

To me it is simply the fact that i was born in britain that makes me british.

I am British because I was born here, as were many generations of my family before me.
I think some of our "britishness" is getting a bit lost, silly things like not being able to have St Geroge Flags flying in certain places is crazy and most of the furore is brought by media, and not by any of the ethnic minorities who they say feel it's racist anyway!!

My mum was born in adelaide australia and moved to scotland with her family when she was 3. She gave up her australian passport for a british one and now she is classed as british (i personally think she was mad but never mind :haha:) x

For me, I was born here, raised in British culture so thats what it means to me.

What are St George flags? What is the significance?
(Canadian here! :))

St George is the Patron Saint of England
This is the flag, and it makes up part of the Flag of The United Kingdom. The Union Jack

In some areas near me, there have been incidences of people being told to remove St George Flags as they are sometimes seen as racist :wacko:
Unfortunately the flag is often used by right groups like the English Defence Leauge and BNP who are inherently racist .

Attachments

• 800px-Flag_of_England.svg.jpg
    800px-Flag_of_England.svg.jpg
    5 KB · Views: 0

Nic, id advise your friend that whoever told her about the CB is talking a load of tripe!

She CAN apply, in her own name or joint....makes no difference if the father is Turkish or English...her child is British, end of!

Cant believe people give out such duff info.

Bit Off topic, but i got married in Haworth and I live next door to Wibsey!!

'The only person not followin the rules is a Muslim'...:roll:

NO - The only person not following rules is an idiot, religion has nothing to do with it.

'The only person not followin the rules is a Muslim'...:roll:

NO - The only person not following rules is an idiot, religion has nothing to do with it.

Indeed, the magistrate woman said the same

I thought the rules were to be yourself.

FF - Do you have that accent?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"