Make your own wrap

Mel+Bump

Reaction score
Just wondered how you all make your own wraps, so what type of fabric you use? Does it have to be quite thick or can it just be cotton? Do you just guess and do a bit of trial and error for the design or is there a pattern you follow?

I just wondered as Id wuite like to make a moby type wrap, but not with stretchy fabric, and wouldnt mind making a mei tai or 2 :D Ive already got a mei tai and I reckon it would be easy to recreate....maybe. :shrug:

This one is my fave tutorial for a mei tai:
https://stilllearninglife.blogspot.com/2008/01/diy-hood-to-headrest-mei-tai-tutorial.html

It looks complicated, but once you read through it (ideally without baby distractions, lol), it's pretty easy. Of course a MT is really just a square with four rectangles, so you could get creative and make your own pattern too :) There are lots of other free tutorials online- just google "mei tai pattern" and you should come up with lots :flower:

For wraps, I made a woven wrap with a medium weight gauze-type cotton and it's worked out really well. I just bought 5m and hemmed both ends- easy peasy!

Just had a look at the mei tai pattern and it looks pretty good. I might give it a go :D

I made a wrap from jersey cotton - bought 2mx 1.5m I cut the fabric in 3 2m x.50m and sewed them together done!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->