makeup inspiration?

EmmyReece

Mummy To Olivia
Reaction score
It's my cousin's hen night next saturday and she's having a moulin rouge / burlesque theme. I'm not comfortable with dressing up in a basque and tutu and asked if I could dress up as Zidler from the moulin rouge film and she was super keen and gave me the ok.

But now I'm at a loss as to what I can do makeup wise :dohh:

has anyone got any ideas plsssss?

Oh and just for reference, Zidler is the ring master person

https://lens-views.com/Index/Moulin_Rouge_files/407_moulin%20rouge_blu-ray.jpg

Oh that looks so much fun to do!! Personally, I'd conceal out my eyebrows with a high cover conceler and the get a REALLY sharp reddy brown brow pencil (or eyeliner) and draw on his brows with lots of tiny little strokes.

For an actual manly look:
Do the same for his mustache and beard. OR go to a fabric shop and see if you can find any furr or wool in the right colour. Shred it and stick it to your skin using eye lash glue. Then a bit of red blush and a bit of mascara and subtle liner.

Or if you want to go down the girly route: I would contour my cheeks and add a deep red blush. Get some big OTT eye lashes. And use a bright red lip stick.

If you still want to add a mustache I'd draw on a small one.

I've been googling ringleader tutorials all morning and alot of them do a gold and black smokey eye, so I've had a go at it myself

I'm going to have a set of false lashes on and gold glitter over the gold eyeshadow to make it look a bit sparkly, oh and maybe some of the glitter eyeliner on my bottom lash line

https://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g126/emmyreece/a775a4e3-f5ff-449f-ad61-8cb923e0343b_zpsc13a0885.jpg

That looks fab, with fake eyelashes it will look really great :) have a wonderful time.

Thank you :D

Got to send hubby up into the attic as I think he put my ringleader jacket up there when we were having a sort out, I tried to reach, but I'm too short, even with the step ladders :dohh:

Iv done a moulin rouge while pregnant with out being exposed. I was in a knee length skirt with tights, a corset not pulled tight with a cardigan.

Iv done a moulin rouge while pregnant with out being exposed. I was in a knee length skirt with tights, a corset not pulled tight with a cardigan.

the only corset I could find to go around my boobs was the exact same one my cousin (the bride) had chosen

at least this way, while they're all freezing I'll be nice and warm ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->