making a murderer.. Steven Avery

i dont know what to think. too much conflicting evidence from both sides

I'm about to start watching!

Oh I can't wait to start watching! Might start tomorrow!

I'm thinking of watching this, is it good?

Yes watch it!

We are just starting episode 3 and came to see if there was a thread 😬

Just finished episode 2. The original trial was a hit shakey. Too many chances to look into Gregory Allen was missed as well as his alibi and the shakey sketch. Howeve with this new case it's weird. It happened at the right time iykwim but I don't understand how some of that evidence could get there. He should never of said anything whilst being interrogated other than I want my lawyer and I'm unsure of the interrogation techniques used. No motive that I can see. Need to carry on watching before I pass judgment too much, however this is a documentary that is meant to sway to his innocence. Some key people haven't been interviewed.

Aw man. RAGING.

First episode just finished. Then I realised I'd somehow watched the last one and not even realised. :rofl:

How the heck do I do things like that!?

So at least I know how the series ends!

Onto episode six and I think he is innocent. There's more to come about how evidence could of got there but won't say anymore

I wrote a huge post but one of the popups refreshed my page and i lost it (ughh)
So to simplify;

One one hand, I think it looks very convincing that the state set him up. On the other hand it is a very biased documentary AND you have the cat incident which they very quickly glossed over on the documentary.

I was taking to someone about it and the first thing they asked me was "did he have a history of animal abuse?" Seems to be quite telling. I mean it takes a sick mind to abuse a cat in such a way and you have to ask yourself what else is someone with such a sick mind capable off?

The nephew parts left me very uncomfortable as i have a seven year old whom i believe could articulate himself better than that boy could. So for him to be questioned like that sits very uneasily.
It did look spoon fed.

I got about two episodes in; about the part when they said that the state not the insurance company would be liable to pay avery the damages from his false imprisonment. That was when i said "ut oh" I then sarcastically said to me husband "well then he just needs to go back to prison doesn't he, cos they are not gonna give him all that money" then the girl went missing and i was just shocked it was too easy. I had only been joking before about them sending him back to jail! So because it unfolded as i had half jokingly guessed it would i was skeptical.

Sorry I never came back this thread. I have 2 episodes to go so haven't came to the end.

I am so undecided if he really is guilty or not and really il never know but I do think that the police did a terrible terrible job in just about every single part of the case.
They should have stayed completely away from the crimes cent and let the other police department deal with it but they were there.
Things were documents months sometimes years late and everything was just done sooo wrongly. Anyway with all that said of course he could be guilty I think 18 years in jail could do that to anyone.

As for Brendan he is mentally disabled in my opinion. He said at one point (after knowing he was going to maybe get a life dentance) but mom I really wanted to be home to watch wrestlemania on Friday. The mum then says she will tape it and his response, well when will I ever get to see it, in a year?!?!
I think any 16 year old would understand the severity they were under but he just didn't have a clue. I personally think the police bullied him and he was completely guessing 'what did you do to her head? Emmmm I cut her hair?) Imo he had no idea what happened.

It's so bizarre! 2 more to go!

Just been watching the interviews with Brendan. They are horrible to watch, so many words kept being put in his mouth and he said he didn't do anything and they kept telling him he's wrong tell the truth. No parents or lawyers present?! Surely that's not right. I agree, he doesn't have the mental capacity of a 16 year old, he didn't understand what he originally confessed too, even asking if he could leave in an hour, he doesn't know the word inconsistent. At no point did he say Steven avert was "hot and sweaty"
It's all highly suspect but at the same time this is a documentary to show his innocence.
The key is a question mark. Found by the same police men from the original case who weren't allowed to search?!

Oh and another thing, the nephew wouldn't of made a good defence witness either

Just came to see if there was a thread! I'm about 15 mins in to episode 7.

Finished watching

I'm hoping they both get a retrial

I have been hooked. The Brendan Dassey case makes me uncomfortable. While I don't think he is intelligent or villainous enough to orchestrate this something makes me think he has seen something or knows what happened. The fact his cousin said he had been crying a lot and lost 40lb just sits with me. I hate how the police were allowed to literally draw blood from a stone so to speak.....what happened to her head Brendan her head her head! What a dick.

I think Steve is innocent. Yes his family are a little out there but there are too many unanswered questions:

- the EDTA test which was once not valid was now acceptable by the FBI.
- why didn't Steve crush the car, he had the facilities and would have used it plenty of times.
- why was the car so easily found in a 40acre plot.
- why did Kent kratz say Teresa was killed in the garage but was happy for Brendan to confess they killed her in the trailer. He prosecuted him on this basis.
- why were the manitowoc police even allowed to be in the trailer/garage etc when calumet officers were able to do the job fine, especially after the deposition!
- why was Teresa family not investigated
- why was more of the Avery family not investigated.

Its just bollocks. Our legal system has failed him once and I believe it has failed him again.

Spoilers ahead!

Watched this when it came out just before Christmas and I really don't think he is guilty. Too many coincidences for me that don't tie up and the fact that the law suit would've ruined the manitowoc county.

My two guesses are either it was Brendans brother (Bobby Dassey) and the step dad (Scott Taydch) as the alibis didn't match up with what the female bus driver saw and she would have no reason to lie.

The other one is that it was her brother (who is actually her step brother, didn't like him from the start) and ex boyfriend. It never really sat right with me that they both knew the passwords to her phone records and it was proven that messages had been deleted. I believe they killed her and maybe couldn't live with the guilt so confessed to Andrew Colburn who in turn called in the plates (remember this happened before her car was even found) and told them to leave it to him and he would dispose of her body. I've read that some people think she might have committed suicide and the above happened with Colburn finding her car (would explain the possible gun shot wound which was never proven to have happened anyway).

I could write about this series all night as I look for updates daily!! I've started following Stevens new attorney on Twitter and boy she isn't one to be messed with! She tweeted a letter that Ken Kratz had sent Steven back in September and it's so wrong! If anyone is interested her name is Kathleen Zellner - go follow!

Plus if she was killed in the garage they didn't find any evidence, even under the concrete were blood would of soaked through.
If Brendan slit her throat in the bedroom there would have been blood everywhere.
And let's not forget about the blood sample!!!!! It was clearly tampered with. I do think the lack of EDTA is what lost them the trial.

I really don't like colburn, he has something to hide. He's tried to cover his tracks before by calling in that phone all years after it happened, but he isnt the mastermind.
There was never a fair jury, taking the court out of manitowac country but keeping its residents as jury was just pointless.

I love her already!

I actually do really like Steve's defense lawyers Dean and Jerry. They were awesome.

Ken kratz is some piece of work. He clearly had his balls kicked a lot with a voice like that.

Steves brother chuck has a history of sexual violence but I totally agree that bobby dassey and Scott tadyk are plebs and could easily be guilty! I genuinely wouldn't be surprised.

The ex boyfriend upset me a lot too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->