Making a PUL Cover - Help?

nightkd

Mum to two!
Reaction score
I want to have a go at making a PUL cover (would like to try for a gusseted NB size eventually)....I'm looking around, found some REALLY confusing patterns online :lol: I think I'm going to start with a Rita's Rump Pattern, but I was just wondering.....

Do you use FOE (Fold over elastic) INSTEAD of the regular elastic? As far as I can tell, you basically just stretch it at the points where you'd put the regular elastic, then sew without stretching to attach it to the rest of the diaper (if that makes sense)...?

And polyester thread for the sewing machine?

Anything else?

Awesome!

I read somewhere about using a...ballpoint needle??? Maybe... Which I've never heard of before... Kind of brings to mind images of sewing with a pen... =/ :lol: Do I need a special type of needle?

I don't think so :shrug: I have the crappest sewing machine and it managed to sew velcro and elastic the other day xx

ballpoint needles are for knits. like stuff your tee-shirt would be made from lol. you should be good. i tihnk i read somewhere u need to do like a hot rise cycle to seal the PUL where the stitchs are. i think but im not totaly sure.

you need ball point needle for PUL, it pushes between the fibres then instead of snapping them, then rinse on hot and a quick blast in the dryer to seal the holes and prevent wicking :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->